Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marieadela

Eventur e-mail problem please HELP!

I am already booked with Eventur while we are in Calica on the 16th.:) I just tried to e-mail Bonnie to conferm everything and my e-mails will not go through. :confused: They get returned back to me saying my e-mail address has been blocked. I have done it 3 times. 2 time from the e-mail she sent me and 1 time by just typing in her e-mail address. What else can I do. :(

Has anyone else had this problem? Do they have a new e-mail address? The one I have been using is eventure68@hotmail.com.:eek:

Since the return message says that your email has been blocked and IF you're SURE you have the right email address for them, if it were me, I would try to send email from a different email address than the one that is blocked.

I thought their company was Edventure with a "d" and not eventure, though - so you might want to double check their address.

Hope this helps.

you were right it is edventure. That is what I have I just spelled it wrong. The message that I get is return address was refused not blocked.

you were right it is edventure. That is what I have I just spelled it wrong. The message that I get is return address was refused not blocked.

That's the address I've used before. hmmmn...

Just got this response within 5 minutes of sending an inquiry:

"We're still here!!

Had someone hack our website, and things were

down for a couple weeks...

the email works, just the photo and guest pages

are still getting fixed!

Bonnie"

Here is the error message I get. Has anyone had this one before?

Oct 2007 20:27:28 -0400 Received-From-MTA: dns; aarprv05.charter.net (10.20.200.75) Final-Recipient: RFC822; Action: failed Status: 5.1.1 Remote-MTA: dns; mx4.hotmail.com (65.54.244.232) Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address. We recommend enrolling in our Junk E-Mail Reporting Program (JMRP), a free program intended to help senders remove unwanted recipients from their e-mail lists. For enrollment instructions, please refer to: http://postmaster.live.com/Services.aspx#JMRPP. For additional information about Microsoft's technical guidelines, please refer to: http://postmaster.live.com/Guidelines.aspx

I was able to e-mail Bonnie by using there web page. I just can not e-mail them from my e-mail account.

Use a different email account. Someone from your charter.net domain has been spamming hotmail accounts. (or your domain was hacked and is now a spambot.)

Use a different email account. Someone from your charter.net domain has been spamming hotmail accounts. (or your domain was hacked and is now a spambot.)

What does this mean? This is my only e-mail account. Do you think I can call charter and see what is going on or should I just get a new e-mail account?

Let's just say that charter.net doesn't have the best reputation for blocking spam, going in or out. Many other email hosts are blocking them entirely until they get it together. Try setting up a GMail or Yahoo or Hotmail free account.

Let's just say that charter.net doesn't have the best reputation for blocking spam, going in or out. Many other email hosts are blocking them entirely until they get it together. Try setting up a GMail or Yahoo or Hotmail free account.

Thank you for all your help. I wonder why I have been able to e-mail Bonnie all this time and just now when it is so close to the time she will be giving us our tour charter does this to me.:mad:

Bonnie e-mailed me today with everything I need to know before we meet up on the 16th.:)

I guess I will just have to use their home page to get back in touch with her. oh well.

I am already booked with Eventur while we are in Calica on the 16th.:) I just tried to e-mail Bonnie to conferm everything and my e-mails will not go through. :confused: They get returned back to me saying my e-mail address has been blocked. I have done it 3 times. 2 time from the e-mail she sent me and 1 time by just typing in her e-mail address. What else can I do. :(

Has anyone else had this problem? Do they have a new e-mail address? The one I have been using is eventure68@hotmail.com.:eek:

It is edventure68@hotmail.com. I will be with them in Dec.