Help with Carnival Liberty Shore excursions Please

GinaJ

Hi Everyone,

We will be sailing on the Liberty in March of next year. There are 30 of us going so everyone is thinking early about what they are going to do.

Last time I was on a ship to St Thomas, we did the St John Trunk Bay excursion (not the Leylon Sneed one but the Ferry ride one). We really enjoyed this and I am considering doing it again. Is the Leylon Sneed one better than the Ferry ride one? Do you recommend anything else in St Thomas. I had done the Paradise point, city tour etc the time before.

Also I know this is the wrong board but does anyone have any recommendations for Antigua, Tortola? I do not plan to do any excursions in San Juan (only there 5pm-12am) and we have been there and also none in the Bahamas.

Can anyone recommend any great resort day passes in any place that we are going. Trying to keep the cost around 75.00 pp?

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Sincerely, Gina

You have mentioned a few of the touristy one that decent....But here are three really cool ones that we have done.

#1. Go to Red Hook (this is where you catch the ferry to St. John) Take the ferry accros and rent inflatable boats and do you own exploring... I think you can do this in Trunk bay as well. There are lots of cool bays and inlets around that area,

#2: Beach Day at Sapphire Beach. This is a beautiful beach resort on the East side of St thomas faxcing St. John. Never really crowded!!

#3: Go to Red Hook and rent a Boat from American Yacht Harbor. There are at least 3 companies that rent them. The will give you a 20'-29' boat that does about 50 mph and then you can go where ever you want. We left about 9:30-10:00am and headed over the north side of St. Johns to Trunk bay then Cinnimon bay to North to Tortola and checked that out then on the Jost Vandyke. Stopped at the world famous Foxy's had a drink or two the 1 bay over to the Soggy dollar bar......Absolutly gorgeous. we then too off to Norman Island (1 Island East of St. Johns) and tied up to the William T. (A pirate ship in the the bay for cocktails & Dancing. We made it back to Red Hook by 6:00 then had dinner there and headed back to the ship......Our total cost was about $450.00 for the day and you could easly fit 3 couples on board.

http://www.st-thomas.com/nautinymph/

http://www.seeski.com/rental.html

http://www.powerboatrentalsvi.com/

gina ...i will let you know when i get back in 2 weeks if you like.

san juan is senor frogs

st thomas is coki beach

antigua is dickenson bay beach booked with shoretrips

tortla we are swimming with the dolphins booked with shoretrips

nassua we are doing the atlatins.. booked it at comfort inn suites,,, i will let you know how things are

steph

We have a group of 33 and we have booked a private daysail on a catamaran called Daydreamer in St. Thomas www.daydreamervi.com

Heard good things about Grand Pineapple Beach Resort and Jolly Beach resort in Antigua day passes range from 49.50 to 60.00 per person. We are considering the day pass for 49.50 @ GPBR and maybe doing a short senic tour on the way there (this price includes everyting but breakfast)

Most will probably do the Virgin Gorda Baths tour thru Carnival in Tortola because of the short time there.

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your replies.

Steph, Are you talking about the bar Senor Frogs? The same one like in Cozumel etc? Would you do St Thomas over St John? Dickenson bay I will check into...I have heard that many times before and it sounds wonderful.

Nassau, my husband and I used to own a timeshare at the Atlantis. We actually sold it before we ever stayed in it. The time we went to stay they had water damage and put everyone at the Sheraton next door (which is now something else I hear) still with the right to use the Atlantis facilities and a 1400.00 cash credit for the week for food and beverage. Although we were disappointed, everything is so dang expensive there and the 1400.00 allowed us to dine etc wherever we wanted. We eventually sold it knowing that us and none of our friends would want to spend that much money on food and beverage on vacation even though we like nice things.

Anyway my point about that tour is that they don't let you use the pool etc I am not even sure they let the tour people out into the pool area even to look. We stayed at the Comfort suites before we bought at the Atlantis and they had an agreement with the Atlantis from the previous owners to allow the Comfort suite guests to use all their facilities. Is that why you went through the comfort Suites? If so I am sure that you will have a great time. The property is huge and amazing. Plan on a turkey sandwich from the deli with a pickle and chips being $15.00 pp (that was in 2004) YIKES! Maybe leave the kids in camp carnival ha ha. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you return.

Sharon, I will also look into Grand Pineapple Beach and Jolly Beach, our group loves to pick at least one day where the port does not really have any outstanding attractions and we can just go lay and play at the beach and a pool. Sometimes it makes me feel so lazy and uneducating of self but it is so relaxing and fun :)

Thanks again for your replies. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely, Gina

Archived