Is there a beach to snorkle walking distance from the Port in Bonaire?

dagtoking1

Is there a beach where we can snorkle that is walking distance from the Port? Also, what else is there to see/do that is close to the Port? Bonaire is the only Port on our cruise that we didn't book anything special at and we were just planning on hanging out and doing whatever we could that is walking distance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

There are all kinds of little beaches right by the ship. We went to a resort at coconut beach which is a 15 minute walk from the ship. When you get off the ship walk out to the main street and turn left. Just keep walking and you will end up at the resort. I can't remember what the fee was for the use of the facility but we enjoyed every minute.

• 2 months later...

Just back from Bonaire, after speaking with a couple of locals (snorkellers) we settled for the Plaza resort, this was the best snorkelling in their opinion that was near the ship...

They ( the locals) get into the resort for $5 on cruise ship days it's $20 although we managed to get them to give it to us for $15...

I just returned from Bonaire on the Dec 8 Princess cruise. I have to say the best snorkeling I have seen in a long time was on Klein Bonaire across the harbor. It is a small island (like an over-sized sandbar) with frequent water taxis to the beach.

Your ship usually has a tour that is basically the water taxi to the island and they rent gear on the island. Our tour also provided a soda or rum punch with the taxi ride.

You can get the taxi on your own and right there at the pier, no walking. However, if there are a lot of ships, it's been suggested the taxis sell out to the ships.

I went with the tour to be sure and only waited 15 minutes for the first taxi from our disembark time. The taxi took another 10 minutes. On the beach, you walk off the boat into the sand and thats it!

We were told to walk to the left and up the beach as far as you can go. we then drifted with the current back to the drop-off point. If you go, make sure you swim out past the coral where it drops-off. Beautiful!! Someone back me up here! I feel like it's my responsibility to encourage more see this coral site.

Archived