Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

francesbenitez

Just got back from AOS!!

Wish I was still there... It was a great cruise, had a blast. I'll be posting a review soon but if tou have any questions, go ahead!.

Hi. Can you please tell me about the teen areas? My daughter and best friend are coming with us in Feb. Can't seem to get much info on teen stuff to do. I know about the rock wall,mini golf,etc.,but I am wondering about nightly activities? Also,is there a pool area only for adults? Any info would be greatly appreciated.....many thanks, Bertz

Glad you had a good time! Which itinerary did you sail? Any comments about ports/excurstions?

Chris

I wouldn't know about teen areas, sorry I can't help you with that.

There is the Solarium pool which is adults only. It is very nice and it has two large hot tubs. We did the Aruba itinerary and loved every port!!

If there is any other way I can help you I'll be glad to do it...

Welcome home!! I would love to hear what you did at the different ports.

We only went to the Ice Skating Show, Velvet Rope and Can't Stop the Rock. The Ice Skating Show is a must see. Velvet Rope was a Broadway-style show, also a must see. Can't Stop the Rock is a show that features songs of movies from the past 40 years. The did a great job! I loved th three of them. Hope this helps!

We did the Aruba itinerary and loved every port!!

If there is any other way I can help you I'll be glad to do it...

francesbenitez - Do you have a copy of the compass for the Aruba route? If you do would you please e-mail me a copy. Thanks so much!

email tzu2luv@aol.com

I would love to get copies of the compass as well! I'm looking forward to your review and hope to see it by this Saturday as we are flying out Sunday morning to get on the AOS. We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My email is Cgage61299@aol.com

Thanks a bunch!

my scanner is not working so I can't post the cruise compass, sorry... I'll try to finish my review by tomorrow...If you have any other questions feel free to ask them!

I just noticed you're from Puerto Rico...how's the weather down there? Are you far from San Juan? Any word on upcoming cruises???

Yes I am from Puerto Rico. I live in Caguas, a 25 minute ride from San Juan. It has been raining but nothing to worry about. They announced bad weather due to hurracaine Frances but nothing has happened. Thanks for asking!

Glad you had a great cruise, We will be on the AOS Aruba route this November..... Do you remember which night was the lobster night? Was it a formal night? Did you go to Portofinos? If so which night would be best ?

Thanks for any info.........

Sorry Francesbenitez...how rude of me to not wish you the best during the storm! Stay safe and take care of you and yours!!!!!!!! :)

Keep safe!

Going on AOS 11/07 with 13 other couples. 8 of us will be arriving on Saturday. The rainforest excursion isn't listed as one of the excursions through the cruise line for the day we return. We're hoping they add it! However, do you think it would be possible to do it on the Saturday we arrive. The plane lands at 11:30am.

Also, is it better to just get a taxi at the airport or have something prearranged! I have a price quote of $102 for a van to pick us up at the airport and take us to the Condado. They would also do an excursion to the rainforest for $40 pp. What would you recommend being from PR.

Did they have a "meet & mingle" and did you go if they did?

Did they have any "dress up" nights meaning 50's, latin nights and if they did did people "dress up" according to each theme?

Can't wait to hear you review!!

I've learned so much info from this site its unbelievable!!

Thanks so much

Lisara

Looking forward to an adventure, with us it usually is!!!