Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

john2003

Venice - Luggage on the Vaporetto

The official word seems to be one piece of luggage up to 50cm on the Vaporetto.

My question is do they enforce this? We will have a case and a bag each which we can both deal with. Will we get away with the Vaporetto?

I believe the size limitation is 150 cm (width x height x depth). In theory, at least, you are correct that the ticket entitles you to one pice of luggage no larger than the above mentioned. You are supposed to buy a ticket for additional luggage.

I have no idea if this is enforced some of the time or all the time.

Paul

This is a different twist.

I hadn't thought that extra bags might be a cost item. I had thought they just didn't want bags along.

Thanks.

We never used the vaporetto because it always looked so jammed packed with people and luggage! We just found a private water taxi and bargained with the driver. It was so pleasant and didn't cost much more than the public water taxi!

I did it with two suitcases each... and no one said anything. Maybe I just got lucky. I then took the free shuttle to the cruise ship. That was a mad house.

I have to say that the water taxi is the way to go... but only if they will take you to the ship (and they wouldn't the last time I went). If a water taxi won't take you to the ship and you have to hassle with a free shuttle or taxi at the bus terminal, might as well as the vaparetto.