10 Days on QM2

campanet

We will be taking a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the QM2 and want to try their alternate restaurants. Based upon the reviews we definitely want to try Todd English and La Piazza but don’t want to miss anything special in the Brittania. We were thinking of Todd English on the first day and La Piazza on the last day. Which days would you recommend we try for reservations at the alternate restaurants? Did you have any other favorites for dinner or lunch?

I believe that the King's Court restaurants alternate which ones serve a "sit down" dinner and which are open as buffett for each night. One is always open as a buffett. I am not aware that you can find this out before the day you wish to dine. The last night in Britania is the "chef's parade" and when you would normally extra tip your servers, if you wish to do that. You can check the menus on your cabin TV early in the morning and make your reservation for the alternate restaurnts by phone from your cabin. La Piazza always has a very popular lunch served buffett style. Same type of food served for dinner there as far as I could see.

Enjoy:)

B.

We will be taking a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the QM2 and want to try their alternate restaurants. Based upon the reviews we definitely want to try Todd English and La Piazza but don’t want to miss anything special in the Britannia. We were thinking of Todd English on the first day and La Piazza on the last day. Which days would you recommend we try for reservations at the alternate restaurants? Did you have any other favorites for dinner or lunch?

It is a bit confusing trying to sort out the alternative restaurants. We sailed on QM2- 2 weeks ago and will also be on in January. We are first sitting in Britainnia so will go to an alernative the first night so that we can watch the sail away without a rush. The chef's parade we were told is always the 2nd to last night and it was on our trip. Also some nights we found that more than one of the alternatives was fully booked. I did get a call from Chef's Gallery one night to say they had a cancellation and could fit us in - it only holds a few people. We also tried La Piazza and the Carvery - both were very good. I would decide by asking to look at a menu and then booking at breakfast - for that evening - although I was told some passengers book several day's in advance - we did not know this could be done - I will try next trip. Todd English gets booked up quite fast we booked a table as soon as we boarded. My husband enjoys the Pub at lunch time.

It is a bit confusing trying to sort out the alternative restaurants. We sailed on QM2- 2 weeks ago and will also be on in January. We are first sitting in Britainnia so will go to an alernative the first night so that we can watch the sail away without a rush. The chef's parade we were told is always the 2nd to last night and it was on our trip. Also some nights we found that more than one of the alternatives was fully booked. I did get a call from Chef's Gallery one night to say they had a cancellation and could fit us in - it only holds a few people. We also tried La Piazza and the Carvery - both were very good. I would decide by asking to look at a menu and then booking at breakfast - for that evening - although I was told some passengers book several day's in advance - we did not know this could be done - I will try next trip. Todd English gets booked up quite fast we booked a table as soon as we boarded. My husband enjoys the Pub at lunch time.

Whoops ...... This was meant for Campanet ............

We did 24 days On Q.M. in Sept. and noticed Todd English wasn't busy at all during the crossings , however I've known it to be busier on the Caribbean cruise.Don't stress it , you'll have plenty of time to make a reservation once you board . As has been said previously , save the second last night for Brittania , you'll enjoy it . If there's any doubt about when they do the chef's parade , enquire at the pursers desk after boarding . Enjoy !

Archived