Ncl Tips Added To Your Bill?

wilson9112

Tips added to your bill or pay at the end????  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tips added to your bill or pay at the end????

• Do you like the automatic payment of tip?
    • Would you rather get an envelope and pay what you want?
    • No tip and pay a higher premium

Just a note to those long term posters here who get irritated when new folks post on a topic that has been addressed before--I'm sure it is irritating to you, but my suggestion would be to not respond to the thread or even open it. So long as it is titled accurately--and this one was--it gives those of us who have not been here a long time an opportunity to think through and respond to different issues. You don't have to read every thread posted. Meanwhile, I'd really like to THANK all of you long time posters as I have certainly been able to benefit from much of your experience!!;) But please be patient with us newbies who have not had the benefit of disucssing this fifteen times over. . .

and to respond to the post, I don't see how with Freestyle you could possibly hand out envelopes at the end of the cruise. And incidentally, who wants to be stuffing envelopes on their last night anyway. Not me. I want to be dancing. . .or eating. . .or something fun:D

NCL charges $10 per day per person and is charged to you automatically. Do you like that or would you rather get the envelope at the end?

I love having the tips added to my bill on NCL or any other cruise line. It makes life so much simpler and easier.

I guess it also helps that I've never had a service issue big enough to even consider adjusting tips downward.

• Administrators
I've read before about people having the automatic tip taken off of their bill (while on the ship) for lack of service, or so they can hand out their own tips. It's up to you but I always try to keep in mind how many people we never see or have contact with who make the vacation possible. Happy cruising. :)

Plus, if you do this adjustment, then the staff you hand envelopes to are required to turn the cash back into the tip pool, anyway. They do know, and apparently come in for some heat over "what did YOU do to result in these people taking off their tips?"

You really accomplish nothing except spending some time waiting in line to "adjust" the autotips. I think it's better to leave the standard autotip in place (at least on NCL) even if that means someone who gave you "bad" service at some point receives the $2.50 or whatever is their share of your tips, then tip extra in cash to people who truly went "the extra mile." They get to keep it if you don't raise a flag with management by removing autotips.

PS I actually think, even though this issue has been discussed here a lot, that by phrasing the poll as the OP did, the very lopsided results have validated a lot of my own thinking about this issue -- there are a lot of people who really do like the convenience and equity of the autotip system NCL uses.

It's pretty overwhelming right now in favor of the auto-tip. From all the people complaining about it, I would have thought there would be more in favor of envelopes.

Complainers are louder so their numbers always appear larger. :p

Archived