Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mscheff

Grandeur 8/29 Royal Suite Review Part 3

Whoops I meant sum not some! Now to the ports. Freeport yuck!! Massive unruly crowds all vying for a cab. Key West very nice as we chartered a snorkle trip on the Sunny days line. Less expensive and MUCH less crowded than the Fury offered through the ship. We had 20 people on our catamaran. Great time was had. Cocoa Cay, the island was nice but was a blatant profit making machine for RCCL. We did the jet ski thing and it was fun but very expensive. The whole island just seemd to scream give me your money. It was pretty though. . The tenders were a NIGHTMARE!! They waited until every last inch of space was used before they set to sea. If you were the among the first to board you would have to sit there for at least 45 minutes till it was full. Shame on RCCL!! The maddening thing was that there was a empty tender right next to the one that was packed solid. Port Canaveral we rented a car just so we could explore and escape the crowds.We went to Merritt Island Widlife Refuge and Port Canaveral National Seashore - very nice day. All right this is longer that I expected so I will really sum it up on part 4 - I promise!