Review - R738 (We're back!!!!)

Neilius

Thanks Neil for a great review ... I've enjoyed reading the blog every day or so while you were away too!! Such dedication on your part! Thanks!!:D

Linda

I found it to be more fun when I knew other people could see what we were doing.

By the way, uploading photos from the terminals on Pacific Star is difficult. The only way I found to do it was to use the "Mail to Blog" facility in Blogger (Flickr has a similar thing too).

Basically Blogger gives you a special email address. You them send an email to it with a photo attached, and the email text with photo magically appear on your blog.

The terminals on Pacific Star have card readers on them - so you can plug in the memory card from your camera. They then let you browse the photos, and select the ones you would like to send in an email.

By the end of the cruise I could do about 5 emails in just over 5 minutes. They charge you 75 cents per minute to use the terminals on the Pacific Star, so I thought 5 minutes per day (less than the price of a cocktail) was reasonable.

Regards

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review, Neil. We're sailing on the Star to Fiji & Tonga from Auckland on 9 Dec. The info about the laundry was really helpful as the Sky & Sapphire Princess both had coin laundries & as our cruise is 11 nights we'll need to do washing.

Thanks for the review, Neil. We're sailing on the Star to Fiji & Tonga from Auckland on 9 Dec. The info about the laundry was really helpful as the Sky & Sapphire Princess both had coin laundries & as our cruise is 11 nights we'll need to do washing.

I'm really interested in doing that cruise to Tonga in early March, so please make sure you post a review!

Archived