What is there to see in Cabo Can Lucas?

Jsme

I will be at Tequila Treasures and we will let Geovanni know we post here. :D

I talked to Jeff today and told him I want to plan a Cabo land trip during Whale season. It might be a while but I think with all of your help I will be able to have a great time during this cruise and then on the land vacation.

What is the weather like from Decmeber-April?

Super idea to both of the above!

Weather here is almost the same year round...warm in days but can be coolish at night in the "winter". We slept outside last night and had to move inside due to the chill. jajaja

Hi Solita -

Yes - we booked it as soon as Carnival opened up our sailing. We are really looking forward to this. Glad to hear it is still great! Woo Hoo! :p

SuzieH...you will have a great time for sure. The weather here has been very nice. The marina right now looks like a duck pond it is so smooth. I wanted to mention....after I went last week and seeing sooooo many fish, I had this urge for sushi!

During the day Cabo Wabo will be deserted. The restaurant and the upstairs small bar will be open but the main part does not get hopping until about 11pm.

We just got home from after spending 10 days there and are so sad to be home. Cabo is becoming our home away from home as we go 1-2 times per year.

Solita- We did check out Tequila Treasures as it was right across the street from our resort. We were the only ones in there at about 4pm. I liked my margarita ok but my husband did not. He puts alot of spite or fresca in there so it is very carbonated which we were not used to. Loved the fresh lime though. It seems like it could be a very fun place if more people know about it. I will be surprised if it is still open when we go back in May.

My hubby wanted to do CaboWabo too so we went...Corona was like $6 when I could have gotten it on the pier for $2 but hey...I was on vacation.;)

I went to Cabo Wabo for the first time last night...believe it or not! It was entertaining to say the least. Watching drunk people dance was a hoot. Yes, the drinks are expensive but tasty.

cabo wabo is just a bar like the person above said, up aways from the dock,and at night it gets wild outta control with lousy bands...just ok..but like your husband the 1st time I went I wanted to see it, well I get seasick sometimes on cruises so just dont get off the cruise ships all the time,the tender is too bumpy for me to handle, depends , but have gotten off other times and wasnt able to do the fun water stuff just too wavy for me,we like to walk around the marina and nearby streets, look at the cute shops, have drinks at the outdoor restaurants over looking the marina, its a nice little place but too americanized..we ve also gone there several times by air and stayed a week or so,..the nice hotels are outside the main city ..its a nice town

There was a couple on our cruise who made arrangements with 'My One and Only Resort'.???? This is where all of the celebs go. Check it out online. I know they had a printed confirmation to use the facilities at the resort.

I think they may be talking about "The One and Only Palmilla". It's a very upscale resort about 15 miles north of CSL on the way to San Jose del Cabo. It's pretty exclusive and I wasn't aware that they were offering day use packages there. Did they possibly make the arrangements through someone who owns property there?

Thank you so much for information. I have to remember this and go there for a Margarita.

We are coming at the beginning of November. Oh if I had known before we booked the group cruise I would have tried to do it a bit later. I planned and put together this group cruise it is too late to make any changes now. lol

I have had one really good Margarita that was homemade and that was in Mexico. I guess it is a given only there can we find wonderful ones.;)

The secret to a great Margarita is the tequila... do not go Jose Cuervo... make sure it is Blue Agave. That is why Cabo Wabo is famous. I am sure you can get all kinds of *cheap* Margaritas... but the agave makes the diff :D

My wife Sandy and I arrived at Cabo onboard the GTS Infinity 10.30.07

with no clothes because Celebrity lost our luggage. In great need of margaritas. With knowledge from these boards, we went straight to Tequila Treasures. Had a great time and four great margaritas. Had to leave to find some underwear, but made it back after two hours of shopping to enjoy six

mas of the enticing elixir. Geovanni is a great host and invited the two of us behind the bar for a photo-op. Before we knew it, it was 5P.M., and the ship was leaving in 30 minutes. We signed the wall, (HAM) and were lucky enough to meet Solita as we were leaving, Hope to be back soon!

George

We will be in Cabo late Nov. My husband and myself are both in our 60's. Our daughter and son-in law both have bad backs. We want to go snorkeling but those water taxi's sound like they would be too hard for us to get in and out of. Any sugestions? Thanks

We were in Cabo a year ago (on a land vacation for 9 days) and we took a Panga (water taxi) over to Lover's Beach. It was a 10 minute, casual ride from the Medano Beach. The Pangas are different lengths, approximately 20' long. They will pull the boat up to about 2 feet of water and will assist passengers getting off and on. Lover's Beach has great snorkeling. If you head west (toward the ocean the water will be slightly rougher, if you head east towards the marina there will be less surge and just as many fish to see. There is usually a local or two with coolers selling beers and sodas. No restrooms though. Most people bring a towel, cop a squat and enjoy the view. It is very beautiful, but I think most people get their fill of Lover's Beach in an hour or two. The Pangas run back and forth continuously so it's easy to just sit and wait until yours returns. It really is a fun and easy journey to do. Hope this helps.

Tina

One more thing...we did the Mexican Riviera cruise over Thanksgiving a few years ago and while the weather was great in P.V. and Mazatlan it turned incredibly rough by the time we got to Cabo. It was so rough that the captain decided to not tender ashore. Another cruise ship next to us got their anchor wrapped around her bow. We stayed in the harbor for a couple of hours waiting for the other ship to unhook it's anchor from it's bow. Passengers were bummed, and all the women ran to the gift shops and bought everything in sight. The moral of this story is buy what you want and what you like while in P.V. and Mazatlan. I had even heard that Cabo had the best shopping, but it's not really the best if you never make it to shore. Thus the reason we made it back to Cabo on a land vacation. Any yes, Cabo does have a huge variety of shopping, but don't count on it, cuz when it comes to tendering nothing is for sure. Having said all that...have a spectacular time. We will be doing this cruise in December. We can't wait.

Tina

You might want to consider booking a snorkle trip on a catamaran which have steps into the water. The snorkeling at Lover's Beach is not very good at all compared to Santa Maria or Chileano where the excursions go. We love Pez Gato- it is about a 4 hour trip and includes lunch and an open bar!

• 1 month later...
depends on what you like. we did a whale watching tour and saw a pod of 9 whales. it was awesome. but definitely do lovers beach. and by the way, $20 is too much to pay for them to take you. should be able to get it for $10 it's not that far from the pier. just ask around.

When you say $10, is that each person?

and by the way... what does DH stand for? you all use that term... does it stand for Da Husband?

:o

When you say $10, is that each person?

and by the way... what does DH stand for? you all use that term... does it stand for Da Husband?

:o

DH= Dear Husband

Will be in Cabo in a couple of weeks.... did San Jose del Cabo and Cabo Wabo the last trip so this time we will do the glass bottom boat.

DH= Dear Husband

Will be in Cabo in a couple of weeks.... did San Jose del Cabo and Cabo Wabo the last trip so this time we will do the glass bottom boat.

How did you like San Jose del Cabo? I'm considering a trip there.

Archived