Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

no34evr

Just got back, Granduer 8/29-9/4 2004

Well we just got back home after being on the Granduer of the Seas since last Sat (8/29/04). Frances had a major impact on our itinerary, causing the Captain to reverse the itinerary. However, we were late getting into Nassau so all of our excursions were cancelled. We only had a few hours of beach time after figuring out ON OUR OWN how to get down to the Breezes resort. Next stop was Freeport where we were able to keep our excursion "Tranquility" and we had a blast. I did hear some complaints about the buffet (we paid for) running out of food. Our last stop was supposed to be Port Canaveral where we had scheduled the Daytona excursion but we couldn't do that due to Frances. Evidently the port was only letting two ships in and ours wasn't one of them. So we did get to go to Charleston where we were offered 4 different excursions but it wasn't anything the guys or kids would want to do but my sister-in-law and I enjoyed the shopping and had a nice dinner.

Now, the main issue. OUR ROOM SMELLED AWFUL! We called maintenance 3 times!!! They finally gave us a can of cinnamon spray. I will have to say overall that this trip was fun, however, if you are prone to any seasickness (and my sister-in-law is) then this ship is not for you because of the stinch. I was very disappointed in the detail stuff. Such as, we had to PAY for bottled water at the port stops where when I was on Carnival they BEGGED you to take some!

It will be our last trip on Royal, that is for sure and its because of the smell issue. BTW, we were in room 2568.