No cabin assignment yet for cruise in two weeks

paulli

In May, we booked a B2B on the Crown Princess for December 1 and 8 sailings. We booked a balcony guarantee but it has not yet been assigned. In the past we have booked guarantees and they have been assigned months in advance. Perhaps with the B2B they are trying to keep us in the same cabin for both segments?? Anyway, if we do not have an assignment by the time we leave for the trip, how do you handle logistics with the luggage when you show up at the pier? Typically you tag your bags with your name and cabin number, give it to the porters and then enter the terminal to get in line to checkin for the cruise. If you don’t know your cabin number to write on the tag, do you carry your luggage into the terminal and keep it with you until you checkin and then presumably get your assignment?

I was wondering how people have dealt with this situation in the past?

My TA has contacted Princess and they say I may not have my assignment until I arrive at the pier. Wondering how to handle luggage in that case.

Keep checking as the cabin will USUALLY show up within a few days of sailing. But don't worry, if it doesn't, just check at the pier with the porters, they have a master list that WILL have your cabin number on it and you can fill in your luggage tags right there. Take a pen, it comes in handy. ;)

My TA has contacted Princess and they say I may not have my assignment until I arrive at the pier. Wondering how to handle luggage in that case.

This is not that unusual....the luggage porters at the pier will have your assignments if you do not get them before you leave for your cruise. Just put your cabin numbers on your luggage tags then.

It is nothing to worry about.

Thanks, now I’m just hoping we get the same cabin for both segments of the B2B. If not, moving cabins is a small inconvenience for staying another week on the ship.

No worry if you don't get the same cabin, they will assist you in the move. Have a great cruise!

We did go on one cruise where the cabin had not been assigned in advance. As we handed in our luggage at the pier, a person checked a list and let us know our cabin numbers to put on our luggage - no problem.

We are on the Dec 15 sailing on Crown (so we will be getting on as you get off). Interestingly we booked in early Sept and about a week later our cabin numbers were available. My husband and I got a nice upgrade to the Caribe deck (I had hinted to our TA that this would be appreciated - no clue if this made a difference). My mom and our 2 teenage daughters are in a pre-selected triple cabin on Baja (wasn't possible for them to go for a Guarantee as they were triple).

We booked a guarantee cabin back in April, for a cruise in December on Sun Princess, got our cabin assignment yesterday and that is less than 3 weeks till we go, I was concerned for ages, but am happy now. Everytime I rang them, they just told me to wait. I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you have confirmation, and have paid, you will get what you paid for :)

A few years ago, we had an assigned cabin on Holland America. Three days before our departure, our cruise agent called us and said we were being upgraded but wouldn't get our cabin assignment till we got to the pier.

When we got to the pier, the porter directed us to a Hal Rep. a few feet away. The rep gave us our cabin number -not the porter.

We are sailing in 2 weeks with a guarantee balcony. I called Princess yesterday and was told that if I do not have my cabin number when I get to the port, to take my luggage inside the terminal with me and I would receive my cabin number when I check in.

I told him that other than carry ons, I had never seen anyone bring their luggage inside the terminal, it was always taken by the porters. He reiterated that was what I was to do.

Change in procedures? Inaccurate informatiion from Princess rep? Since you can take your luggage off yourself at the end of the cruise, maybe the rep. is right. Who knows.

I just returned from a b2b on the Crown booked as one 14 day cruise 10/27 to 11/10. The cabin assignments were not done until the Wedneday before departure and I had the same cabin for both segments. They have been doing this for all the b2b's booked as one 14 day. Do not be concerned.

Barbara

Archived