Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lois R

Tonite's Z Cruise........

Hi:) I know there are a few folks who were going on the 9-4 sailing, some are still going and some cancelled.

I wonder if she will be on schedule for this evening......Maybe someone on that cruise could check in with us....

I do hope everything runs smoothly for them:).

Here, here, Lois.

I hope that those who have chosen to go to Zuiderdam's shortened cruise have a wonderful time. I am sure the crew will do everything they can to assure the best time possible.

And.....I hope someone will remember us landlocked cruisers and drop us a line to let us know how things are going.

I also hope that those who have decided to go on the abbreviated cruise have a great time in Grand Cayman and Cozumel - two great ports.

I think I read that the ship doesn't leave until 7 PM???

That gives some fliers a chance to get there.

I hope you have a good cruise and that it will be remembered for being enjoyable rather than brief.

Himself

Oh KK...is she sailing at 7? I thought it was actually later than that....hmmmm maybe it is on the NEWS part of this site...or on HAL's site...I will go check!

Yes, you are correct...supposed to leave at 7 this evening....

And there is also a notice on the CRUISE CRITIC NEWS board....for us 9-11 cruisers about IVAN:eek: ........this one is going to be hurry up and wait too....

I am not even packing yet...going to wait till Wed or Thurs....

Yep..I saw that too...re-read my post;) I edited it!

Lois

Is this the Saturday you are to go on your cruise? I didn't realize it was so soon. I lost tract of the weeks.

Which itinerary are you supposed to do?

Yes...sailing (hopefully 9-11)...........it is the Eastern Itinerary....but to be honest...the ship is always my favorite destination:D ....wherever they decide to take us is fine with me! (I am guessing the safety factor will be first and foremost)!

We will all be thinking about you next week.

Wonder if you will be stopping at HMC??? I doubt it if they have had a chance to clean up the island and replace everything.

Is Nassau on your itinerary? Saw a picture yesterday and it looked as though the straw market was blown down.

KK..yes, we were supposed to go to HMC, St Thomas, Tortola and Nassau....I have no idea what they will be doing at this point......I am hoping we are going to have a CRUISE SHIP to GO ON:eek: ..........I have Friday off, was flying down to FLL one day early......

this is going to be "HURRY UP AND WAIT".......

Lois.....All fingers and toes crossed to wish you good luck that Ivan disappears over the horizon to anywhere AT SEA!!!

Hope Florida has seen the last of these storms for this season and that all upcoming cruises go as scheduled.

Lois -

I am sure you will have a great time, you seem to have a really good attitude. GET TO PACKING, you don't want to forget anything. I'd love to cruise with you sometime, you seem like you are a lot of fun.

Lois, I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you that Ivan fizzles out before this next weekend. I have confidence that you will have a great cruise.

Lois

Just saw on the weather channel that they think Ivan will stay to the south of the path. I hope so !!!!We are suppose to go into FLL on Friday night. Let's keep our fingers crossed.Glad to hear everything is good for you.

Linda

Thank you all for all the good wishes:)

I actually went outside a little while ago.........LOTS and LOTS of tree branches are down in my complex.....I still cannot believe we NEVER lost power:D ....usually the electric goes out with a little summer thunderstorm! Stayed on all night and today!

It is still very windy but maybe, just maybe by tomorrow morning things will start getting better.

Gretchen..thanks.......maybe one day we can sail together!

Lois I also would love to cruise with you someday. Love your attitude and great sense of humor. Hoping everything goes well for you this week and you get to have a great cruise. If you can, will you post from onboard, just to let us know how things are?....jean :cool:

Hi Jean:)....I will be honest with you, I don't normally ever use the internet on the ship.....now, when we dock in St Thomas, that is different. I know there is an Internet Cafe/store at Havensight and the price is much better than on the ship....I have a tour for the afternoon......but I can get off the ship in the morning and use that cafe! I know the crew on the ship go there often (to call home etc)

The prices on Celebrity are like .50 per minute and that is not something I choose to spend my money on but its only about .10 minute from St Thomas....

I don't know how much HAL charges?.........is it less than .50?

Maybe one day we can cruise together too:D

Good luck Lois with your cruise. I was to be on the /4 sailing but changed to the Oosterdam for Dec. 12th. We live in Port Charlotte and were hit hard. I am so glad because we have 2 new holes in the roof with 2 more buckets in the house so I would have had a mess on my hands if I left. I can tell you my friends called us from the ship on her cell and she got upgraded from a cat A to an S. They said there are less than 800 people on board. I know things are still crazy on the ship because the things I ordered for her room got mess up except for her on board credit we gave her. I can not do anything with this being a holiday so hopefully I can straiten things out tomorrow. Also if you do get to cruise with Gretchen you will have a ball. She is wonderful and the two of them have a big heart. We are planning one with them again how about you also???? Better yet let's all choose a date, a ship and go, go, go!!!

Lois R, I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I hope you get to go to Cane Garden Bay in Tortola. If not, the shopping in Cozumel is so much fun. So many, many people have suffered this week for various reasons. I wish you smooth sailing. I don't know if you always fly to Lauderdale, but this is a good choice for you this week. Parts of I95 are still closed and I imagine the turnpike will be jammed. And you won't have to worry about gas.

Unless you buy one of HAL's internet packages - the best one - you can get the price down to about $0.35 a minute. But why waist your time there? Enjoy the cruise and ONLY IF you get a chance in St Thomas should you post on the boards.

Hi folks:)...I decided to start to pack......maybe everything we go smoothly...

Tammar, Cozumel is on the Western Itinerary..I am going on the Eastern....That is where Tortola is located;) .......

TT, 800 people on the sailing for this week? Oh my goodness...they should all get specializied service:D

KK...I will post if I get the opportunity..I love the Havensight area...and usually walk around there on my own.:)

Wow, 800 people? And an upgrade from an A to an S? I guess it does happen...well when the ship is empty anyway! :D

I hope you get to go to Cane Garden Bay in Tortola.

We are going to Tortola and have never been. What is Can Garden Bay? Thanks, looking for something to do there.