Balcony size - Sun class

Bestbubba

Can anyone advise me please - on Grand class we always book Caribe deck for the double depth balcony. We are thinking about the Sea Princess October 2005 Quebec to Barbados and wonder if there are any extra size balconies on Sun class? Not bothered about covered/overlooked etc . but really enjoy our "balcony time"!!

Thanks in advance!:)

Sue

The balcony's on the sun class is very small barely enough room for a chair.

Tom M

They’re not quite that small. You can fit two chairs and a table with room to squeeze through behind or in front of them. I think the balconies are comparable to the Aloha and Baja balcony sizes on the Grand Class ships. Certainly enough room for two people.

Also, the mid-ship minis, while they are no more deep than the standard balconies, are double-wide.

In all truthfulness, on the Sun Class ships we do not spring for a balcony. Unless you can go for the mini suites which are like big suites on the other ships, we don't think the balconies are worth the extra. The last time we were aboard her, we had a window room on baja forward and they rooms were quite large in comparison with the other outside rooms. This is only my 2 cents worth though!!

The AA (full suites) and the AB minis are both on the Aft of the ship and they have larger balconies. The AC minis are mid-ship and as previously said, have the same narrow balcony only twice as wide. As for the regular balcony cabins, I have to agree, they aren't worth the extra for maybe 24 sq. ft. of outdoor space, IMHO. We have sailed twice in the regular balcony cabins on this class of ship and finally we got smart and began to book the minis. One thing about the interior of the minis, they are more like the VS and PS suites on the Grand Class and that is why they are much higher, price wise then the balcony cabins.

Thanks so much everyone for the prompt replies. Minis are just too expensive on this cruise but if all the balconies are the same size our TA has BD cabins at only £30 ($50) more than outside cabins so probably will go with that. Thanks again all!

Sue

Archived