Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orcrone

I got great airline news

I've been looking to book airline tickets from Norfolk to Fort Lauderdale for my March cruise. There's a stopover and it was running about $300 per person. I looked this morning. Not only was I able to find a fare of $201 per person, but it's on Delta's new non-stop service between Norfolk and Fort Lauderdale. That's the first non-stop I've ever seen between here and FLL.

So I jumped on four tickets like a buffet after half an hour of fasting.:D

I've been looking to book airline tickets from Norfolk to Fort Lauderdale for my March cruise. There's a stopover and it was running about $300 per person. I looked this morning. Not only was I able to find a fare of $201 per person, but it's on Delta's new non-stop service between Norfolk and Fort Lauderdale. That's the first non-stop I've ever seen between here and FLL.

So I jumped on four tickets like a buffet after half an hour of fasting.:D

Good for you!

Os it Delta Song?

We had these non-stop flights by Delta's division Song for sometime already. I personally liked them alot. THere is no food but you can buy food on board. There are personal monitors for every passanger where you can see around 24 channels of Dish Network or play music trivia.

That's GREAT, Orcrone. Really Happy for YOU. Your patience paid off........Big Time!!!

SmileySailor.gif

Gotta' love those non-stops. That's our highly preferred way of getting anywhere. Glad you got them so it's one less hassle (changing planes) in getting started on your cruise.

Good for you!

Os it Delta Song?

We had these non-stop flights by Delta's division Song for sometime already. I personally liked them alot. THere is no food but you can buy food on board. There are personal monitors for every passanger where you can see around 24 channels of Dish Network or play music trivia.

As far as I know this is not part of Delta Song. I guess Delta just started non-stop service between Ft. Lauderdale and a number of locations, including Norfolk. My mom lives down there, and until now we've always had to take a flight through Charlotte or Atlanta. One time we got a really good fair on Northwest, but we had to fly from Norfolk, VA to Fort Lauderdale via Detroit. Talk about going out of your way.

My first choice was to fly back Saturday evening, but the least expensive seats were already gone. So I booked them before all the possible return flights sold out. Since my mom lives down there we can just stay at her house overnight.

AirTran just announced a sale this morning. Some very good prices.
AirTran flies out of Newport News. It's a little further but doable. However, before booking I checked their fares and they were very high; over $400 per person.

A whole hour of fasting, most of us have never gone so long.;) So it is a hard analogy for us to follow!:D

jc

A whole hour of fasting, most of us have never gone so long.;) So it is a hard analogy for us to follow!:D

jc

No no no, you misread. I wrote a half hour of fasting. Sheesh, a full hour. You've got to be kidding!:D

Fantastic Marc! That's a great rate for a non-stop flight. Hope you booked them online for those extra ff miles!

I'm glad to see Delta's getting with the groove and becoming more competitive in their pricing.

Fantastic Marc! That's a great rate for a non-stop flight. Hope you booked them online for those extra ff miles!

I'm glad to see Delta's getting with the groove and becoming more competitive in their pricing.

We're still a long way away from a free ticket, but I definitely did the online booking. Every little bit helps.

Normally I do the "maybe we should wait and see if the price comes down" thought process. Glad I didn't. The same flights are going for $155 per person more today.