COCKYMARK

chocoholic buffet??

RCI used to do a chocolate buffet. But I haven't seen one in at least 3 years. There may be a midnight buffet, tho' these are being done away with on some ships.

Chocolate has been quickly slipping away on Royal Caribbean. We noticed this several years ago. It has me very sad.

Except for the warm chocolate cake one night and the tiny piece of flourless chocolate cake that is part of the desert sampler-trio on another night, there is no memorable chocolate, except ice cream?, in the dining room.

You must look to Portofino and Chops to come through with some chocolate nowadays. I adore chocolate, and I have to bring my own on a cruise!

Leslie

does rcl do it?? and on five night cruises when is formal night? thanks

The last 5 night cruise for me was on the Splendor of the Seas, in March of this year out of Galveston, Tx. They did have a chocolate buffet. As to whether they still have them or not, I am unable to answer that. My most recent cruise, last month on the Freedom there was no choc buffet.

Annieeee

Chocolate has been quickly slipping away on Royal Caribbean. We noticed this several years ago. It has me very sad.

Except for the warm chocolate cake one night and the tiny piece of flourless chocolate cake that is part of the desert sampler-trio on another night, there is no memorable chocolate, except ice cream?, in the dining room.

You must look to Portofino and Chops to come through with some chocolate nowadays. I adore chocolate, and I have to bring my own on a cruise!

Leslie

Not to mention the chocolates on the pillow aren't very good anymore either!

We enjoyed the chocolate, midnight buffet on the Enchantment in 2005... although... there isn't the "good" chocolate like brownies. It's was "fancy" chocolate... good, but not great. I have better chocolate at home. But wouldn't pass a chocolate buffet by at any time of day!

Monarch of the Seas 4 night (5 day) cruise had formal night on second night (Tues) and midnight chocolate buffet (11:30-12:30) on Wed. night. Chocolate dipped strawberries, cream puffs, lots of cakes, some fruit to cover in chocolate sauce, and ice cream mainly.

I was very pleased to see the Chocolate Buffet was still being done on the Empress 11 night Southern Caribbean sailing we just did. It was done just as I remembered it on the other ships before they stopped it. Chocolate everything and Oh so good!

I did forget that while there is no prevelance of chocolate on Liberty of the Seas - when Sorrentos has the chocolate panna cotta it is awesome and will fix any craving and then some (when you get as many as we did!) :)

There was a midnight chocolate buffet on the Majesty of the Seas in October. I tried to go, but the line was 2 floors long. Yikes!

Does anyone know if the chocolate buffet is still on Navigator of the Seas???

When we were on her last year it was not a separate buffet anymore. It was incorporated in with the grand buffet.

That was not the same at all. :(

Please do not get me wrong. The Grand buffet is super nice. But the Chocolate buffet is to die for. :D

Eeeewwwww-chocolate buffet!!!! I have been on two cruises and neve

experienced the "chocolate buffet"; what time is it?

We will be on a 4night Navigator cruise next month; so you think there will be one?

Annie:)

Eeeewwwww-chocolate buffet!!!! I have been on two cruises and neve

experienced the "chocolate buffet"; what time is it?

We will be on a 4night Navigator cruise next month; so you think there will be one?

Annie:)

We did two weeks on the Navigator last year and this is what I posted about her when damien asked this question below..

:

Originally Posted by damien viewpost.gif

Does anyone know if the chocolate buffet is still on Navigator of the Seas???

Alexis:

When we were on her last year it was not a separate buffet anymore. It was incorporated in with the grand buffet.

That was not the same at all. :(

Please do not get me wrong. The Grand buffet is super nice. But the Chocolate buffet is to die for. :D

Just off the Monarch 4-night. Chocolate midnight buffet with ice sculptures and the works. Beautiful presentation. Finger foods, too.