Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kakalina

Bruno In Raiatea

Has anyone here had any experience with Bruno in Raiatea? His tour is called Le Excursion Bleue. We have booked a full day excursion with him and would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thanks

Has anyone here had any experience with Bruno in Raiatea? /quote]

We did Bruno's tour in April and had a really great day. I would do it again. Have a look in the reviews section for Tahitian Princess and you will find a lot of valuable info about all the various tours.:)

If you do a search in this forum with your subject title, you will come up with four pages of reviews on Bruno.

Charlie

He gets the big fat ZERO from us. We were booked and paid the paypal deposit and he said a meeting of 8:30. We were on the dock at 8:20 only to see his boat cruising out of the harbor. We asked at the information center about him and they said "Be very very careful with that man" ... I think their comment says it all.

It was okay - not bad - not great

I am going back to Raiatea in 2 weeks and will not be doing anything with him this time.

Larry

We spent the day with Bruno in July and I think it was one of the best shore excursion we've taken on all cruises. We had a great time. I'm surprised by the number of negative comments above. Make sure that you read all the reviews posted in other places before you make a decision. I believe you will see they are overwhelmingly positive!!!

Ia orana

Just weigh in the many positive posts with the few (unfortunates Mishap ) and draw your conclusions.

For the comment from the activity desk, sounds like some local sour grapes.

Should all the reports be negative, it would have been easy to write his services off.

Book, reconfirm and try to call the day before the tour for the best success.

Enjoy FP

meherio

kakalina ... if you book with Bruno, make sure you take an underwater camera for your snorkeling experience at the Coral Garden. It's like swimming in an aquarium. It's an experience you'll never forget!!!

I would have to say that our cruise was fantastic & Bruno's tour must have been the highlite of our whole trip.

The only thing that would have made it better was if the TP would have been in port long enough for us to have done the full day tour rather than only the half day. I hope that you have an undewater camera as some of the shots that I got now adorn our walls.

It's really great--really helps if you snorkel--been with the pearls and vanilla before--but a great day--we also got the CD--he really does a great job

Go for the excursion--there's nothing better--can't even remember what we did about a year ago--but we DO remember what we did in MAY. The boat ho9lds 12--all our CC friends were aboard--another couple tried to talk their way on--didn't work. Not enough extra space

Nancy:D

We went with Bruno last month and had a great time and he was very accommodating. At our request, he stopped at a beautiful motu near the lagoonarium for us to snorkel. The fish served at lunch was excellent and the boat ride around Tahaa was breathtaking. It was one of my favorite excursions.

My sister did Bruno's tour on August 10th and said it was the best excursion they did in the 12 day cruise! She said he went "above and beyond" (and she is hard to please!)! She said the meal was absolutely incredible and Bruno took such good care of everyone on the tour. It sounds like Bruno tries very hard to give folks a great time! I would not hesitate to book with him after her glowing reviews! P.S. Her husband is an is a skilled scuba diver and had to decide between scuba or Bruno's (with the drift snorkel). He was so glad he had chosen Bruno's because he was amazed how gorgreous the coral garden was! I don't think you will be disappointed!

I just did a half day excursion with Bruno and the snorkeling at the coral gardens was the best I've ever seen. Bruno took us to a motu for lunch, a fish demonstration, and a little snorkeling. Then we snorkeled at the beautiful coral gardens.

We saw another tour group on the motu and they complained that their boat didn't have a cover on top. Bruno's boat has a cover on top to give you some shade from the hot sun.

Most reviews I have read for him are positive, have read some that said he was unreliable.

"You play the game, you take your chances".

He does seem to be more expensive and demanding of money up front than other tours in the Islands though. Heard he raised his Motu tour to $130.00.

Marc's ( never read a bad review on ) on Huahine is $100 for a full day, cash on the dock -nothing up front.

Damien's on Bora Bora is very reasonable, also great reviews of Lagoon Sails/snorkeling. Three hour Lagoon sail is $65pp on line, only takes a $20.00pp deposit.

If they don't have your money, they won't leave early without you I would bet.

How long of an excursion is Bruno's?

As I remember we met about 8:30 am at a gas station on the pier--we returned not long after the sun went down--this was in May--have no clue when it gets dark--noticed the sun had gone done--because it was very dark and it seemed there was no one out there--we had some spits and spurts with the engine or we would probably have been back before sundownit seems that the problem was letting the gas tank run all the way to the bottom--where the gas isn't so clean

Who knows why--We got back and had a great long day with Bruno !!!!

Nancy

interesting about Damien's on BB, he quoted me 120pp. We're going with Bruno in about 15 days and will be happy to report back.

interesting about Damien's on BB, he quoted me 120pp. We're going with Bruno in about 15 days and will be happy to report back.

If you would please leave comment. We are going in about 3 months.

As I remember we met about 8:30 am at a gas station on the pier--we returned not long after the sun went down--this was in May--have no clue when it gets dark--noticed the sun had gone done--because it was very dark and it seemed there was no one out there--we had some spits and spurts with the engine or we would probably have been back before sundownit seems that the problem was letting the gas tank run all the way to the bottom--where the gas isn't so clean

Who knows why--We got back and had a great long day with Bruno !!!!

Nancy

Nancy,

It says on his website to meet at the gas station (shell or does he mean Shell Wharf?). very confusing. Is it the only gas station there?

Stuff like this is what I'd need to have a calming frame of reference for Bruno (esp. with various views on his reputation). Can you enlighten us?

Plus did you pay a deposit? And what method did you use.

I find that the people who post stuff say " we went with Bruno" have been vague on letting others know if you sent a cheque, paid by credit card, or paid full cash on the dock without a deposit. I noticed it says "other" for payment methods. What is OTHER?

It's actually a Shell gasoline dock (I think it is the only one there). You'll see it from the ship. When you get off just walk to your right, around the building, and along the sidewalk along the shoreline. It's only a few hundred feet away. It won't be confusing at all. You'll find it with no problems. And, don't be surprised if Bruno isn't there when you get there. He pulled up about 10 minutes after we got there last July. It was a WONDERFUL day ... enjoy!!!!

Nancy,

It says on his website to meet at the gas station (shell or does he mean Shell Wharf?). very confusing. Is it the only gas station there?

Stuff like this is what I'd need to have a calming frame of reference for Bruno (esp. with various views on his reputation). Can you enlighten us?

Plus did you pay a deposit? And what method did you use.

I find that the people who post stuff say " we went with Bruno" have been vague on letting others know if you sent a cheque, paid by credit card, or paid full cash on the dock without a deposit. I noticed it says "other" for payment methods. What is OTHER?

The poster Big Guy is correct--except when we went everyone except for us was there early including Bruno--at that time he will be giving back checks and taking cash--we paid our deposit with PayPal--some send checks--we did PayPal for next month also--he did raise the coast by $10pp--We had booked at $110--or maybe we were at $100 and were

raised to $110--anyway you bpay before you go--

I f you want to purchase black pearls--bring a credit card--or lots of money--purchase or not--great education and comparision on loose pearls with the lady who appears to run this business--females happier with this--the guys wandered outside and were occasiolny called in to be shown a potential purchase and bring the credit card--most didn't have a credit card with them--I had one--but--I already have black pearls soooono big deal to me--I did buy some mishapen casual pearls $90--worn once!!!

whoopee!!!

Think about buying the cd/dvd that Bruno makes for you--you are the STAR--the pictures are wonderful--he brings them back to the ship during the evening--the pictures are only of you on land and underwzater etc.--follow Bruno through the Gardens--he taking pictures all the time and feeding the fish--go through with him--makes your drift snorkle much better

Nancy:D