Do You Think I is Fair???

sail7seas

My TA always was a brick and mortar only and they have been in business for many years. Thankfully for them (and me....who does not wish to go looking for another TA), they established a web site and also now sell cruises on-line. They have asked me to work with/for them a number of times as they think I have a bit of cruise/ship/HAL knowledge. I have most politely thanked them and said No, Thank You.

I doubt they could continue to thrive if they did not begin to expand by establishing a web presence several years ago. I have never asked the percentage of business from locals (like me) who book with them vs. on line. But, now that I think of it, I am interested to know.

.......They have asked me to work with/for them a number of times as they think I have a bit of cruise/ship/HAL knowledge. I have most politely thanked them and said No, Thank You.

;) Tee hee hee ... now, Sail, wherever did they get the idea that you have "a bit" of cruiseship/HAL expertise!!! Now that's a puzzlement:D ..... not to mention the hugest understatement of the week ... possibly even the decade!!!!!

You can see I'm totally back in the land of the living ... and happily so I might add;)

You can see I'm totally back in the land of the living ... and happily so I might add;)

.......And we are HAPPY you are BACK!!! :)

(Thanks for the nice compliments....... you're toooo kind!!!)

Perhaps some of us should review the CC Posting Guidelines:

Quote:

Spelling and Grammar Errors:

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Unquote:

S7S..You were absolutely correct in bringing the lower price to the attention of your Travel Agent..I retired after being in the travel industry (international airline) for 28 years & we often were able to meet lower fares offered by other carriers.. I wouldn't hesitate in bringing a lower fare to my Agent's attention...Have a wonderful time & buy yourself something special with the $$$ you saved!

Heather & All Others...Your prayers seem to be helping us here on the Southwest Coast & "Ivan, The Terrible" is supposed to pass off-shore..We still have to say more prayers, for others further north to be spared the "Wrath of Ivan"...I swear, I did nothing to provoke him....

Thank you, Serendipity. It was too big a difference in price to 'let it go'. If it had been under $100 or so, I might not have said anything, but that amount was too high to not speak up.

I tried to correct the error but each time I hit Edit and made the correction, the post did not change. I saw the error immediately and it has annoyed me I could not make the corection.

I tried to correct the error but each time I hit Edit and made the correction, the post did not change. I saw the error immediately and it has annoyed me I could not make the corection.

;) ...hehehe ... Sail, was this one on purpose???

Serendipity, it was Sail making fun of herself this time. No one made fun of her grammar. I would never make a comment about someone's grammar or spelling unless that had already made a joke about it themselves.

Glad things are looking good over there on your side! Trouble is it looks like someone's going to get it and I feel so badly about that.

Heather...I wasn't referring to your posts...Know you were kidding with Sail...My reply was to a poster who was correcting others & asked "is it Grammer or Grammar" ... Found out later that he may have been kidding...Perhaps I was too hasty in getting my "nose out of shape" by putting it where it did not belong! Sorry did not mean to offend anyone..

Anyway, happy that "Ivan" is staying off shore, but feel so bad for those folks in the Panhandle...I hope & pray that you all will be safe!...

Hay! Serendipity is mi freind and dosen't mnid if I con't speel!!;) :D :eek:

On a more serious vein, our prayers are for all of those in the path of Ivan the terrible. This hurricane season can stop already!!!!:(

Serendipity- I hope you all are getting the damage done by Charley to your place handled little by little. I would imagine carpenters and all construction types are in high demand there. I can only imagine how ready you are for your upcoming cruise. Bob and my best to you all!

Thanks Sher...NAH i DONT CAR HOWE ANEBODDY SPELS....

Yes, getting back to normal now..No damage to our home but have friends who's homes were so badly damaged they had to move out..Those who lost their pool cages & roofs say it will take up to 4 months (that's what contractors are quoting) to replace or repair..If anyone is looking for a job, tell them to come to Fla..We need experienced workers here....Now tropical Depression Jean looms on the horizon.. Just wish it were all over so we can start worrying about clothes & packing...Our patio furniture is in our guest room & thats my Packing room! Regards to Bob & hope you enjoy your up-coming trip..

Betty

P.S.Wouldn't it be nice if these boards had a spell-check! LOL

Archived