***Temeka94***

ashbeth609

Wow ashbeth609! That is awesome! I have booked through TWE/RR in November. I have asked a lot of questions about options and possible ideas. I have not booked my reception yet. I have requested quotes on some bouquets for my bridesmaids. The consultant I have spoken with has been very helpful and he has answered all of my emails and returned my emails. He has gotten a few quotes back for me. I purchased the Harmony package. I have my own local planner who is assisting with details leading up to wedding and eventually she will start talking to TWE/RR for me. I will be purchasing the Royal Romance preview package so I can see the ship before we have the wedding cruise. This will be my first cruise. I am pretty bummed that I cannot do a two hour reception. Since it will be one hour, I am not hiring a DJ, not for $400 per hour. We are going to have a party before the cruise to celebrate. We expect to have 15-20 people sail. I will know more in January.

I have chosen my wedding colors, bridesmaids' dresses, wedding favors, and wedding invitations. My wedding planner is very creative. I know I will the RR/TWE coordinator but I wanted someone to plan activities from arriving on ship until wedding ceremony. I am very excited. You can email me at my personal email address @ tameka94@aol.com . Where in Maryland do you live? I live in Prince George's County.

I live in Howard County.

We expect to have over 60 people sail with us plus 10 more will be attending just the wedding.

I was told that they only book one wedding per day in Baltimore. So I thought it was kind of weird that we share the same day!

What is your wedding consultants name?

So you have a wedding planner from a different company?

That is interesting about the one wedding per day. We expect to have to have about 60-85 guests with about 16-20 sailing. I will double check that. I was told that no more than two weddings could take place. I speak with Travis when I call Royal Romance. I did learn that the coordinator for Baltimore weddings is Janet - wedding coordinator based in Florida who handles Baltimore weddings. I will be using Royal Romance but my wedding planner will make sure they are doing their job and my guests are okay and keep me calm.

I spoke to Travis and he said I must have been mistaken. I will have everything in writing from him from now on.

How did you find out about Janet? Whenever I call or email it is like pulling teeth to get any information.

Thats a good idea about bringing another planner. I might think about that too!

We won't be using any upgrades except and extra hour of photography. And we aren't having a reception--just the hour ceremony.

I might be able to help you w/ the only one wedding comment. With getting my details ironed out I have found they can book more than one wedding; however, I was told there can only be one reception. So, with the other weddings as soon as the ceremony is finished, the non-sailing guests have to leave.

So much for thinking this was going to be the simple way to go! :o

I found out about Janet from Joanne one of the other consultants. Travis left work early when I called and she assisted me with my question. I had a question about the arrival and departure of the Grandeur in Baltimore. I wanted to know if the ship was leaving later than 4:00 how quickly would non-sailing guest be ushered off the ship when the reception is over. Ashbet609, that is great that you have so many people sailing with you. You can party later. Is your travel agent or grouping department going to provide a cocktail or reception perk for your group being so large? I have read on her that people have arranged things through the groupings department versus RR/TWE. If I had a large group sailing, I would look into option. Many of my guest are coming from Boston (where I grew up), Alabama (where I was born), New Jersey, Virginia, Tenessee, Georgia and Maryland. We are having a celebration a few days before wedding so the non-sailing guests can enjoy our company more before our Bon Voyage. I feel more comfortable having someone think about details that I may overlook because my mind will be else where and she can guide the RR coordinators "just in case" they turn out to be like some of the negative reviews on here. I am pretty confident it will turn out. I checked out your page and love your flowers.

We booked through a travel agent. We have already talked to the groups department about an open bar type party in one of the lounges sometime during the week. That will work out better for us then the reception that TWE offers. We will also be having a big blow out party when we get back from the cruise.

Sounds like a great plan. I would probably do the same if I had a lot of people sailing. We will do our party before we leave and people have asked to give us a reception the following weekend after we return but we will see. I am sure I could celebrate for weeks after the wedding. My birthday is 3 weeks later too!

• 1 month later...

The RR/carnival and TWE are all the same, they make it sound like they are different companies but they are not. Also, They can book up to 3 weddings that day and if you want a 2 hour reception, it is on a first come first service basis. Also you might find interesting is the cruise is the one that dictates who can have a reception and who cannot. They are the ones that supply the receptions not the coordinators you hire. And every price is inflated at least 100%. As for the coordinators that show up, they may or may not be from the company you have been speaking with (TWE/RR/CArnivial, which are all the same company). Also, I just want to make sure that everyone knows to document everything, make plenty of phone calls to confirm details and getting everything via email in order to document in their words/email. The are well known for saying "they never said that or promised that". If you get everything in writing via email, then they have no leg to stand on. And trust me, they will call you a liar..... Any questions or concerns with the wedding coordinators/service, email me @ diannaallen72@verizon.net. Past, present or future brides. I just want to make sure no one goes through what we went through even though we covered ourselves. Dianna

Archived