Triple EEE tours

VIKINGCRUISER

We are also booked on the 12th with Henry. As interesting as it would be to see his home, I want to have time for the beach and Shop. My kids want the beach, I want time to shop. Let us know what Henry says. We are on the Valor.

My family did a tour w/ Henry in December. We enjoyed the tour. We too stopped at his home for about 10-15 minutes, no big deal. Our tour started late, not because of Henry but because of us, we were going by ship time when we should have gone by island time (Henry said to meet at 9:00, so I thought that was ship time). When I realized I may have made that mistake my husband ran off the ship and flagged Henry down to let him know we messed up with the time, he said no problem, finish your breakfast and I'll wait for you. The tour part was about 2 hours and Sapphire beach was about 2 hours, we did not shop for 2 reasons, our tour started late and another family (my husband's cousin) were on the Disney ship (we were on Victory) and their ship was leaving before ours. Was no big deal because we had time to grab a quick bite to eat on the ship and walk around the shops by the ship....they all have the same type of island souvenairs, t-shirts, key chains, etc.

We thought the tour was worth the $35. Taxi to a beach in St. Thomas will run about $9 one way per person and if you have a family of 5 that really adds up. Kids under 5 are free on Henry's tour.

Dolphin Girl....were you able to convey your wishes to Henry about not wanting to see his home. I feel the same way as you and would rather see the beaches etc. Please let me know how you handled this and how it went. thanks

Laura

Laura, I've not contacted Henry with EEE Tours yet, but plan on doing it tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't offend. I'll let you know what I find out.

Debbie

Laura, here's the quick response I got from EEE Tours. After hearing about it, we might change our minds and stop at his house.:o

Good morning Debbie. Your tour will not include a trip to Henry's house. While most clients welcome and request the opportunity to see how the islanders live, some do not. It's no trouble at all. Henry does not show off his home to the clients rather he takes them to his home where he makes them fruit juices from fruits grown in his backyard; he also picks coconut for the clients so that they can have a refreshing drink of coconut water. Theses are the first set of clients who have not appreciated Henry's most generous gesture. Of course we aim to please our clients although each individual perceives things differently, that is our aim. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us, we look forward to serving you.

They have been very nice and accommodating to all my requests. Also, they respond within 24 hours, generally much less. For these reasons alone I would recommend them.

Hope this addresses your concerns also.

Debbie

LOOPS,

What is the difference between Island time and ship time?

TIA Vikingcruiser:)

The difference was 1 hour.

We left from Miami, St. Thomas time is 1 hour ahead. The ship doesn't change their clocks when there is a time difference at a port. So the "locals" go by their time. I hope I explained that clearly.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a tour with Henry and had a great time.

He was very flexible and catered to everyone on our tour.

After the 2 hour island Tour, he dropped one group off to shop. We then dropped another group off at the beach. My wife & I didn't want to swim, so he took us on an extra tour of another side of the island and some more picture spots (yes, we passed his church and house, but we didn't stop). To be honest, I wish we had. I think it is things like that that make the experience more unique over a bus tour with 50 people.

He was a great guide and a very happy host. He went above and beyond to make sure everyone had a chance to do whatever they wanted to while in port.

I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking to book a tour in St Thomas

Archived