Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orcrone

Very twisted thinking on my part.

Vicar, How long you be in town? Maybe we can get a second HAL Board Get together going. This coming Tuesday Vegas Jim, Bill S and Olderpilot Jerry(who is coming to town) are getting together for our first Get Together. I am not sure if Vegas Jim will be back from his Princendam Cruise, I believe he leaves on the 18th, but maybe we can get Bill S and his wife to meet up again when you get to town.

We will be in town from the 2nd til the 7th or 8th I believe and then we are going to Palm Springs to visit her dad for a week

that would be great to get together

We will be in town from the 2nd til the 7th or 8th I believe and then we are going to Palm Springs to visit her dad for a week

that would be great to get together

You may just be here long enough that Vegas Jim may be back home.

Here is my email address laffnvegas@aol.com I will get with Jim and Bill on Tuesday and we can get back in touch to see if we can arrange something, if not I am sure we can get together with just DH and myself.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your TA to call you back!!! Geeez....will someone tell her I'm getting impatient. :)

Let us know when it's official that you shall have "bigger digs" :)

Marc, thank you for your generous donation. Of course, as the overseer of the Heather Relief Fund, I do need to ensure that our administrative expenses and salaries are covered prior to actually dispensing the funds to Heather. A full accounting will be forthcoming, but I am pleased to report that, of the initial $600 donation, we expect to disburse approximately $11 to Heather, in FY07.

;) Yup, that sounds just about right. Thank you so much...so generous all around. That will go a long way toward my relief.

Marc, can't wait to see if you end up going for the SS. I see it coming. I'm on pins and needles:D

;) Yup, that sounds just about right. Thank you so much...so generous all around. That will go a long way toward my relief.

Marc, can't wait to see if you end up going for the SS. I see it coming. I'm on pins and needles:D

Wow!!! You're more excited than me. I'm going to wait until Monday when she returns and ask about getting the room for the what I paid plus the current price diff (about $108 per person) like Dave suggested. I doubt it will fly, but it definitely won't happen if I don't ask.

Actually, I forgot all about the SS and was thinking I have to go to Vegas to join Lisa, Vicar and Jim.:D

Lisa ,

that sounds very nice, let me know what is going on with Jim and then we can plan something :)

Can't do a Doc dance this year but I can get in the spirit

"Viva Las Vegas "

"Viva Las Vegas"

Thank you , thank you very much :)

Call your TA, note the current price differential and ask if you can upgrade for that difference.....-dave
Dave,

Good suggestion, but it didn't fly. If I want to upgrade I pay the current price of the SS room. That's what I figured she'd say (makes sense), but it was worth a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave,

Good suggestion, but it didn't fly. If I want to upgrade I pay the current price of the SS room. That's what I figured she'd say (makes sense), but it was worth a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, poo!! And here I sat on my pins and needles all weekend;) . Oh, well, nothing ventured, nothing gained ... that's what I always say.

Oh, poo!! And here I sat on my pins and needles all weekend;) . Oh, well, nothing ventured, nothing gained ... that's what I always say.
Heather,

With the possibility of another hurricane heading your way I certainly hope you weren't sitting on pins and needles all weekend. ;) In fact, I forgot about it until I saw the thread this morning.

It stinks that Ivan has to hit 'somewhere', but I'm happy that right now it looks like Florida is going to be spared another one. Hopefully, in going over the gulf wind shear will weaken it a little. It'll still be powerful, but not as powerful. BTW, my mom is still without power from Frances as of yesterday. Luckily they're able to stay at her SIL's place, with electricity.

Dave,

Sorry, but it's better to have tried and lost then never to try at all ... unless you're kicking a field goal to get the tie at the end of the 4th quarter :rolleyes: !

-dave

orcrone - I have some good news and some bad news for you. The bad news is that due to your previous unruly behavior, tip stiffing, and chair hogging on your HAL cruises, you have been permanently banned to 3-night Carnival cruises. The good new is that I got a great rate on my GEIKO car insurance!

orcrone - I have some good news and some bad news for you. The bad news is that due to your previous unruly behavior, tip stiffing, and chair hogging on your HAL cruises, you have been permanently banned to 3-night Carnival cruises.
My only disappointment is the '3-night' portion. Had a great time on Carnival last year, but they'd have to take me off the ship kickin' and screamin' after only 3 days. BTW, I only hogged those chairs for the week I was on the cruise. I gave them back the last day.:D

The good new is that I got a great rate on my GEIKO car insurance!
I love that little guy. Found myself walking around yesterday morning singing 'Everybody was Kung-Fu fighting' after someone mentioned that commercial. Great!!! Now I've got that song stuck in my head again.:eek:

Man, I know what you mean, Orcrone! I had to call my State Farm agent today about my car/Homeowner's payments (due in Oct.). I was humming "Kung-Fu fighting" and the next thing I knew, the sirens were blaring and the men in little white coats showed up! They removed my trained squirrels and refused to pay me any royalties from the commercial! (I think I used one of your hogged chairs on my last Carnival cruise. Send me your address, and I'll mail you back your copy of "Cruise Confessions" that you autographed. :)!

Orcrone,

I understand your logic perfectly, but then again I have been with GF so long , I actually see the logic in her buying $100 worth of makeup that she doesn't need, to get a free tote bag or umbrella that she really doesn't want *LOL*

Vicar- This is killing me! WHY do we do this???? I do it all the time and agree with my DH - I must be CRAZY! All the little miniture sizes and the "free" cosmetic/travel/tote bag thingy... with the small perfume I don't like and will never use... I have drawers FULL of this "free" stuff! :eek:

Vicar- This is killing me! WHY do we do this???? I do it all the time and agree with my DH - I must be CRAZY! All the little miniture sizes and the "free" cosmetic/travel/tote bag thingy... with the small perfume I don't like and will never use... I have drawers FULL of this "free" stuff! :eek:

Me, too! And you know what I just did with it all? I donated it. Freed up a whole drawer:D . I also donated all those little shampoos and such I pick up in hotels, cruises, etc.

But, EKerr, I don't tell my DH ... I just say "look what I got for 'free'?";) That kind of goes along with the purchases I leave in my trunk until he's at work and then I load it into my closet. Weeks later when he asks if it's "new", I say "no, no I've had this for awhile:) ".