How Does One Find Out About Hal Promo's?

NoCruiseBlues

After reading several message board postings, I am curious as to how my fellow cruisers become aware of them. My TA, was surprised when I mentioned to her my eligibility for PROM#7031. Shouldn't she have told me about it, rather than my finding out about it on the message boards? Is there a website to go to? or is it just POT LUCK? i would appreciate any information. Thanx, & may all your cruises be FANTASTIC ones.

1993 MAJESTY OF THE SEAS

1994 MONARCH OF THE SEAS

1996 SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS

1997 NORWEGIAN DAWN

1998 GALAXY

1999 CARNIVAL DESTINY

2001 NORWEGIAN SUN

2002 SUMMIT

2004 ROTTERDAM

2005 OOSTERDAM

Ted,

I have done all of that but because we do not live in the U.S. we do miss out. I must admit that I do not always go to special offers on the website. I will in future.

Thanks to you, I have printed out promo 5000. I would never have known otherwise.

Jennie.

What is Promo 5000? 7031? I've clicked on the link and can get to some stuff but not everything.

You folks really are terrific! - A few weeks ago you let us know about a Credit - we were able to get $100 per person credit for four of us for our Nov 9 Maasdam trip.

Now we have booked Maasdam for Apr 21 - are there any promos we should know about?

Thanks! Thanks!

looks like this is for travel agents only.

I've been very lucky just calling HAL directly and asking what promos they currently have. Got a GREAT deal for the Nov. 7 Oosterdam sailing. So good in fact that I'm taking two of my good friends along! At first I thought the agent was pulling a fast sales pitch...you-must-book-and-pay-right-now type of deal...only two cabins available, etc. So I went for it since this was the second cruise this year. Figured it had to be legit because I called HAL directly. And it was. So you might want to call and ask if they have any book-and-pay-now-deals on limited cabins.

And I must say, HAL came through on customer service! When I booked the Nov. 7 cruise, I told the booking agent that we needed a verandah cabin that would accommodate three...but I was only booking for two at the moment. (didn't know if the third person could take time off from work. Would call to add the third person later). When I called to add the third person, the cabin they had assigned us only accommodated two. They had all the notations recorded about my requests to add a third person and they upgraded us, honored the original fee, and added the third person at the 3rd person rate for a verandah.

I have yet to be disappointed by HAL. They are responsive to e-mails and requests on the ship, and are very accommodating when calling to inquire about a cruise. Of course, wouldn't suggest this for first-time cruisers...they need a good agent to guide them. But it's great for seasoned folks!

CP

Well, I read all the postings about Promo 7031, 7032. I thought I read that people sailing in 2005 were given the shipboard credit by HAL. So, I called my TA and asked her to check on our Jan 13 Ryndam cruise since it's 16 days and should be worth more.

She told me that the promos were only for 2004. Anyone have anything to say about that? I'd love to give her more ammo or to even get to HAL myself if the promo is valid.

Archived