Java Cafe on the Zaandam

bethd

I don't think it will be as disappointing as some of you seem to think when/if Java Cafes are replaced with Windstar. The coffees from Windstar are fabulous and a very reasonable price for huge cups.

I think you may be happier with it than you imagine at the moment.

Thank you for the update. I guess I missed it somewhere that the "free" coffee bar was being replaced with the fee coffee bar.

Sail7seas, you're right about it not being as important a change as we think. I mostly only hit the java bar for cookies and popcorn.

Kay Lynn

Do they still serve free coffee in the Zaandams Java Cafe?

To answer your specific question. Yes the Zaandam still has free coffee in the Java Cafe. This ship still does not have a Neptune Lounge installed.

KrazyKruizer: Do you know when they will start the SOE upgrades of the Zaandam?

:confused: I've just gotten over the shock that I have to pay for a soda with meals on the ship, now I'm reading there might be a "fee" for my husband's coffee? Don't get me wrong, these charges won't break my budget -- but as a first time cruiser I guess I thought that (except for alcohol, spa services, and shore excursions) cruises were "all inclusive." AND, I DO SO APRECIATE THE VAST AMOUNT OF INFORMATION I AM LEARNING FROM THIS BOARD! Getting excited about our Maasdam Holiday Cruise from Norfolk!

Linda&Vern....All coffee in the dining room and in Lido is complimentary. Espresso and cappucino after dinner in the dining room is complimentary. The coffees that have a charge are in the Windstar Cafe on the Visa ships and they are wonderful....a real coffee lover will really enjoy them IMO

The charge really is very moderate IMO

Please provide clarification. My husband is a real latte addict. On the Zuiderdam, a visit to the Windstar Cafe was a daily must. We are going on the Zaandam in November (may just be 7 days at sea since our ports of call are being systematically descimated...in all seriousness my thoughts and prayers are with the residents who are having to live through the destruction). I was wondering if the "free coffee" is just coffe or does it include the specialty drinks like lattes, cappucinos, etc?

Please provide clarification. My husband is a real latte addict. On the Zuiderdam, a visit to the Windstar Cafe was a daily must. We are going on the Zaandam in November (may just be 7 days at sea since our ports of call are being systematically descimated...in all seriousness my thoughts and prayers are with the residents who are having to live through the destruction). I was wondering if the "free coffee" is just coffe or does it include the specialty drinks like lattes, cappucinos, etc?

Sheephugs, Looking forward to your comparison between the Zuiderdam and the Zaandam. We just sailed the Zuiderdam this summmer and looking to book the Zaandam next spring.

• 2 weeks later...
The Zaandam had most of the SOE upgrades in April. It goes into dry dock in January for the other conversions....Neptune etc. We will be on her for 17 days in Dec and can`t wait.....jean :cool:

Jean....Where did you find the info that the Zaandam will go into dry dock in January? I would like to read more about it. Pat:D

Paticakes, there was a list of dry docks for the various ships posted on this forum several months ago. I don`t have the list now, maybe someone else does. Anyway, when we were onboard the Zaandam in Ap/May this year, I recomfirmed this with one of the officers. She goes into dry dock in The Bahamas after the new years cruise....jean :cool:

Archived