Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rookiecruise

Fascination 4 day......turned 7 day

I recently sailed on the 4 day Fascinaton cruise which turned into a 7 day cruise. Now granted, this was my first cruise, so I may not have as much experience as many of you, but regardless, I was quite impressed with the way the whole situation was handled. I for one, would not like to be in the situation that the staff was in! Those people had to work an extra 3 days, all at sea, and keep us fed, happy, and entertained. Call me inexperienced, by I for one would have had a difficult time keeping a smile on my face the way that they did, all the while not knowing when Frances was going to pass! I must say, I was very impressed with their crew. The Cruise Director, Greg Hutson, especially surprised my husband and me. He's very young, mid twenties maybe (he looks JUST like Jessica Simpson's husband); but throughout the entire ordeal, he was very calm and more importantly to us informative. He kept us informed on an hourly basis about the hurricane, and even told us over the P.A. system when we were close enough to the U.S. to get cell phone service. We spoke to him in person, and he was very personable and honest with us. I was quite surprised at his leadership for being so young. In such an uncertain situation, it was great having someone who cared about the passengers the way he did. If there was anyone else on this cruise, I'm sure you'll agree, it was strange, but overall FUN!

Those people had to work an extra 3 days, all at sea, and keep us fed, happy, and entertained.

It was an extra 3 days for you, but they would have just been back out with another set of passengers. It probably made it a little nicer for them as they got to see the same people and did not have to learn about another set of travelers right away.