Air France in flight duty free question!

Bulagal

Silly Yes-

But ask I must!!

We are flying Air France from Los Angeles to Papeete end of the month-does any one know if they offer good champagne on their in flight duty free? If so what brand and appx what cost?

Trying to decide if I should pack it- or buy it on board - Or pay the big bucks on board the ship.....

Also is there a per person bottle limit?

(Not that I'm a lush! :D I just LOVE champagne!!)

Thanks for any and all help!

Terri

Is this actually an Air France flight or one operated by Air France. We have just booked a Quantas flight (always wanted to fly with Quantas) but when I enquired it is actually an Air Tahiti Nui flight using a codeshare with Quantas and operated by ATN. When I read my guide book it mentions that most flights from LA are actually codeshare flights with ATN being the operator. The only difference (besides the good price we got with Quantas) is that you can acually pre reseve your seats by calling the airline direct. with ATN you are given your seats on checkin. Now- whether you will get French champagne or not depends on the above. From what I have read on the boards there is a French department store in Papeete that you can buy alcohol from. Would save you lugging it all the way from LA

Cheers! Terry

I'm not a lush either but I do love my champagne!

Thanks Boone2-

our flight is a true Air France flight from LAX.

Regarding this French duty free store-is it at the airport in Papaaete? Do you know? I guess I will do some chekcing!

Thanks for your reply

Cheers!

Terri

I read on the board it was somewhere about a block from the port and called Campion or champion or something, I have been off line for a day so I will look it up as we will need to know when we land in Papeete

Terry (female!!!!)

Hi Terry!

When are you headed to FP?

I think what we will do is purchase duty free on the way to Tahiti at LAX, as we have an overnight before we get on the Tahitian Princess-and then I will put it in our luggage-I am not comfortable packing it in our bags for the flight-afraid it may break-and besides-it weighs too much-and that weight can be several pair of shoes!! LOL!!!:D

Thank you

Terri

Archived