I know this is off topic , but I wanted to share

Vicar

Thank you all so much for the good wishes :) :) :)

I always tell her that after my divorce I said I would never get married again, so she is very lucky to have me. *LOL*

Of course it is definately the other way around. :)

thank you all again and I will let you know when we finally decide what the heck we are gonna do next *LOL*

S7S,

I want to do a really classy cruise for the honeymoon, Between the two of us we have been all through the caribbean , and we love it, we have done the beach parties and the booze cruises and all that and we loved every minute of it, but for our honeymoon I want to do something really special.

I know Alaska is out , because it just holds no fascination for her(although I would love it) I am thinking Med or Hawaii.

Why not Tahiti. HAL does a Hawaii to Tahiti a couple of times a year but Princess does one every 10 days or so around the islands.

clip1-love2YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! And Congratulations, Vicar!

I am sooooooooooooooooo happy for you both. Please also send my very best wishes to your bride-to-be who has chosen a man with a warm heart, a good soul, and an admirable sense of humor.

I highly recommend the Mediterranean where DH and I spent our honeymoon almost 20 years ago in April of 1985. And if you're looking for romance, nothing can exceed the South Pacific. I know you'll choose something wonderful.

And then all your CC friends can fill your ship with love and sunshine as we toast to your happiness. Enjoy this special time.

Vicar,

Congratulations!! I love being married to my husband (OK most of the time) and have been happy for ten years now.. wow...

If you don't want anything big grab your parents and ELOPE!!! This is coming from someone whose sister in law is marrying on her due date and has to go buy a birdesmaids dress this week :)

Thanks everyone for the advice and warm wishes.

Orcrone,

Oh she knows what she is in for and she said yes anyway *LOL* So she has no one to blame but herself. *LOL*

Ya know its so funny she is way more into making a perfect honeymoon than a wedding.

As far as the wedding she says as long as her dad walks her down the aisle and all the really important people in our lives are there she really doesn't care about all the bells and whistles. She always says she is the odd girl because she didn't play bride when she was a little girl and dream about a beautiful dress and 100 bridesmaids and little girls dropping rose petals and all that. She just wanted to meet a wonderful guy (he never showed up so she picked me *LOL) and spend her life with him.

So the wedding can be a simple ceremony with a big family dinner for all she cares.

However the honeymoon *LOL*

I told her a few suggestions everyone gave here and she loved everyone of them (*LOL* FIGURES)

So the wedding can be a simple ceremony with a big family dinner for all she cares.

However the honeymoon *LOL*

She's absolutely right. When I married DH it was the 2nd for him, the 1st (and only) for me;) . We had a church ceremony in Larchmont, NY, and then had the reception at the Rye Town Hilton with only 30 guests ... family and very close friends. It was one of the most beautiful times of my life and I wouldn't have exchanged it for anything in the world.

Vicar,

About 10 years ago I heard a statistic stating that the average cost of a wedding in this country is over $19,000. Don't know what it is today. Be very thankful that she's not into a big wedding.

When DW and I got married it was a 2nd marriage for each of us. We had it in our back yard with family and friends. We had it fully catered, with an open bar and a DJ. But it was very informal, not very expensive and meant much more to us that way.

Congratulations! May you have many happy years together.

Having just tried it out last December, I can heartily recommend a honeymoon cruise in a Holland America S suite. What a treat that was! :D :D :D

Be SURE to tell HAL that you are honeymooners, as they will probably have a nice little reception for the honeymooners and vow renewers.

DAkrewser.

the Statendam trip was one of the ones I was looking into, I even posted a thread about it for opinions about a week or so ago and everyone that replied raved about it.

Ya know it is just my experience and I know that there are always exceptions to the rule, but I have been to several spectacular weddings , I mean first class all the way. I wouldn't doubt cost $40,000 when all was said and done, and the marriages didn't even last two years , one of them I think 8 months.

i have also been to weddings that were with a Jp and then a pool party in someones yard, and the people are happily married for 10, 15 years.

My own first wedding case in point, i think it came to $12,000 in 1987 and it lasted just under 4 years .

So you just never know.

i have also been to weddings that were with a Jp and then a pool party in someones yard, and the people are happily married for 10, 15 years.
Vicar,

I hope you're right. After the ceremony and giving people a chance to eat DW and I opened the pool to everyone (although just the kids got in).

Ya know it is just my experience and I know that there are always exceptions to the rule, but I have been to several spectacular weddings , I mean first class all the way. I wouldn't doubt cost $40,000 when all was said and done, and the marriages didn't even last two years , one of them I think 8 months.

So you just never know.

So true. Of my four kids, only one had a big wedding, and he's just hitched his second wife. The other three (two used a JP in the back yard under a tree, one ran off to city hall :) ) are still happily married 8 - 12 years later!

-dave

EKerr19

Ya know last week or so we were joking about you and Lois and heather and S7S being bridesmaids and the God awful colors for the dresses.

Well the first thing my daughter says to me (after "Thank God I though I was gonna get married before you did *LOL) was "Please no lame bridesmaid dresses" *LOL*

Vicar, congratulations from a couple of Canadian cruisers! My DH also said he was never going to get married again after his divorce. Well, I chased him until he caught me :D and we've been happily married for 27 years.

As far as a honeymoon cruise goes, why not go on Holland America's "Black Sea and Beyond" cruise - the Mediterranean and Black Sea cruise is abso-smurfly fabulous. We went in June and are thinking of making it a repeat trip, it was that good.

Congratulations and best wishes for an abundance of love and laughter in the years ahead!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

EKerr19

Ya know last week or so we were joking about you and Lois and heather and S7S being bridesmaids and the God awful colors for the dresses.

Well the first thing my daughter says to me (after "Thank God I though I was gonna get married before you did *LOL) was "Please no lame bridesmaid dresses" *LOL*

Vicar, I think you were planning those bridesmaid's dresses when I was "offline"!!!! The last time I was a bridesmaid I vowed I'd never where a bridesmaid dress again:D . Besides, I'd be the world's oldest living bridesmaid. LOL!!! Such a picture.

Archived