Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seetosea

Just Back From the Legend OTS - Mexican Riviera, Any Questions?

We just arrived back from our Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Legend of the Seas. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Was just on the ship a couple of weeks ago and had a fabulous time. I have posted a five-part review on this sight if you are interested in a LOT of detail. You will probably have to use the search feature for "Legend" to find all the parts.

I'll be on the Magic next summer. Are there any excursions you would recommend for PV, Mazatlan or Cabo? My 16 yr old does not plan to leave the ship as she was very disenchanted with Ensenada last month. Thanks!

SeetoSea, I too would like to know what the condition of the ship is. We have heard numerous conflicting reports. :confused: Any info would really be appreciated.

I thought she looked great a couple of weeks ago. A little worn in a few places but overall just great. I would book her again in a second!!

i have heard several different answers on this, so I will ask someone who just got back.

How many holes is the mini golf course now? What condition is it in?

Condition of the ship: minor wear and tear. While we were on there, they were refinishing the pool deck (stripping, etc). They were doing this in sections so it wasn't any bother. Much of the interior wood was being revarnished. Overall, there wasn't any problem with the condition.

I'm sorry but I don't have any spa prices. We did use the sauna and steam room several times, as well as the gym, but that is all free.

The 16 year old would LOVE the zip line (Canopy Tour). If you are going to do this, you must book in advance. If you wait until you get onboard, the excursion will be all sold out. There is a private company that does this also, and others from the ship did this one.

Embarkation: We got there at 11:30 and were on the ship in 5 minutes. You can put your things in your cabin, although they are available after 1. We had lunch in the windjammer at 11:45

Disembarkation: As soon as they took care of immigration and those that squared their bills with cash, the first group (us) was off the ship at 8:50. We literally walked right off the ship. Piece of cake.

Wine Package - the cost is $125 after tax and gratuity. You may select 7 bottles from the list below. What you don't drink one night, will be brought back the next. We purchased this at dinner the first night, however, you can do this as soon as you board.

WHITE WINES

Chardonnay, Woodbridge

Soave Classica

Chardonnay, Nottage Hill

Macon Villages

BLUSH WINES

White Zinfandel, Woodbridge

RED WINES

Merlot, Sebastiana

Merlot, Wolf Blass

Gamay, Beaujolais Villages

Cabernet Sauvignon, La Terre

SPARKLING WINES

Korbel Brut

DESSERT WINE

Sauternes, Chateau St. Anand

Miniature golf course: 17 holes, okay condition

Rock wall: Lots of fun, check daily to see when it is open

Anything else, let me know.

where do you get the info on the zipline tour???? i have emailed several people for that info on the Costa Rican tour,,, BUT,,, i was mistakenly put in contact with a Charley Brown (sp?) who does not do Puntarenas,,,,, ANYWAY,, ( i know i am babbling ) do you know where these ELUSIVE zipline folks can be found????? ......... :confused: :o :(

i did try the Costa Rico board,,, and that was how i got Charley.... :eek:

thanks guys........ :)

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/index.html

This is the company that others used. It is less expensive than the ship and everyone that went said they had a great time. In fact, not a single person on the zip line tours (ship's or private) was disappointed on this excursion. Since you are in port for a long period of time, you still have time to shop or bar hop - whatever pleases you. I would recommend that you go as early in the day as possible due to the weather. Lately, it has been thundering and lightening late in the afternoons.

Hi SeatoSee!!

We were on the ship with SeatoSee and we did the canopy tour. What a blast. We booked it seperate from the ships tours. We used the one that SeatoSee posted the address to. We had to make reservations 30 days out and set it up for 11am. We took a cab, which was real easy to get at the pier, and the cab took us to the canopy tour office for $3.00 per person. If you book on line you get a 10% discount. It cost $63 per person. I do have to say that you have to be somewhat in good health. There was a lot of stairs to be climbed. The canopy excursion with the ship has hardly no stairs to climb. This was a very good excursion. Word of advise. Take bug repellent. We didn't have any problems with bug bites while doing the actual tour but when you are done and sitting around in the restuarant/bar you get gnats biting you. Came home with multiple bug bites. Looks like we have the chicken pox!!! There were 3 of us and we all loved it... Would do it again!!! Also, don't worry about getting back to the ship. Taxi's are waiting for you to return you to the ship. Again it cost $3.00 per person.

Hope you enjoy this excursion.