O'dam full in May?`

gigivic

Just started looking at sailing out of Seattle on the O'dam and seems that all of the balconys are full already. Love HAL and want to see Seattle but not in the summer. Prefer Alaska in May.

For some reason I think HAL blocks these, I am not sure why. In late May I wanted to book a balcony cabin for our Ryndam cruise and there were none available and the outside cabins I saw were not in locations I wanted so I actually chose a inside cabin on the navigation deck. Then the more I thought about it I really wanted a balcony so I called my TA about 5 weeks later and she called HAL said still no balconys but would put us on a waiting list. This was a Friday. Would you believe that Monday my TA calls and suddenly a S Suite opens up so we grabbed it. Then later that day I check different on line web sites and suddenly there are all kinds of A's and B's and S's. Now we are just 60 days away from sailing and there are still plenty of these balcony cabins. This ship looks like it is far from being sold out.

What I would do is call your TA and ask to be put on a waiting list, they may suddenly appear. I do agree that May was a great time to go to Alaska, yes it was a little bit cold but this is Alaska not the Caribbean. It was so beautiful to still see so much snow and all the spring flowers blooming.

gigivic: this morning I booked a verandah cabin, cat bb, for the May 7 Oosterdam sailing-the HAL website this morning showed only one verandah category closed, other than the PS cabin(s). I don't know about the May14, 21 or 28th sailings, however. Try May 7, if you can! :)

gigivic: this morning I booked a verandah cabin, cat bb, for the May 7 Oosterdam sailing-the HAL website this morning showed only one verandah category closed, other than the PS cabin(s). I don't know about the May14, 21 or 28th sailings, however. Try May 7, if you can! :)

That is great Bill, we had BA5105 on the Oosterdam this past May.

Archived