Happiest when on Holidays

More questions about Pacific Dawn

I have had a bit of a search and most of my questions have been answered except for 2 so here we go.:)

Are there coat hangers in the wardrobes in the cabins or should we take our own?

And on the Islands like Mystery Island and Island of Pines I noticed a lot of people go back to the ship for lunch. Is anything served on the Island? I went on the Fairstar many years ago and remember them setting up a buffet on the beach and I wondered if this was still the same.

Thanks for any answers in advance

Hi,

I've cruised P&O last 3 summers, PD in 2 weeks. never had a problem with hangers, always plenty.

No food is available on Mystery Island, but I believe a restaurant??? has opened recently on Isle of Pines. I've had the bbq on the beach but it's on Divine Island/Poum which I think is owned by P&O.

Jenny

I have had a bit of a search and most of my questions have been answered except for 2 so here we go.:)

Are there coat hangers in the wardrobes in the cabins or should we take our own?

And on the Islands like Mystery Island and Island of Pines I noticed a lot of people go back to the ship for lunch. Is anything served on the Island? I went on the Fairstar many years ago and remember them setting up a buffet on the beach and I wondered if this was still the same.

When we were on the Dawn in November we did take extra hangers with us, but there were plenty there anyway. If needed just ask your room steward and they will help with more.

The ship doesn't provide any meals on the islands and you are not allowed to take food from the ship to the island so coming back to the ship is the only way to get a feed. Unless you either sneek some into your bag or try some that may be provided by the locals. Only problem there is whether you trust their hygiene standards. We didn't get onto Mystery Island :mad: so can't comment on it.

All the best

Don

Hi,

Havent been on the Dawn but if its like the other ships the coat hangers arent removable. Or should I say they are but they dont have a hook. The end slots into a hole, like in hotels. The only problem with this is you cant interchange them with the other wardrobes or hang them outside in your room. So if you want coathangers for drying then I would take a few with you. In one of the wardrobes on the star someone had left a few wire ones. That was very helpful. Thanks to whom ever did that !!:D

Hope you have a great holiday !

Cheers,

Fiona

:)

Hi you won't need any hangers on P/Dawn Plenty there and you can take them out of wardrobe I took them when I went to laundry to iron clothes

So I wouldn't bother taking any more

Cheers Gail

(P.S leaves more room for more clothes shoes ect)

. In one of the wardrobes on the star someone had left a few wire ones. That was very helpful. Thanks to whom ever did that !!:D

Hope you have a great holiday !

Cheers,

Fiona

:)

When we cruised on the Sun I took extras (not wire ones....I really don't like them) but the plastic ones that your KMart/Target clothes come on, especially the skirt ones. I'm glad I took them. I did need them although I don't doubt I could have got more if I asked for them. I just left them behind for the next people:) . I forgot to take som on the Dawn but I will take a few next time. Of all the people that have replied so far saying there are plenty there, the ones I know of were travelling as a couple. It's a different story when you're travelling as a family of 5:eek:

Karen

Just back from Pacific Dawn and wehad about 10 coat hangers provided per passenger. This included a mixture of regular coat hangers and the ones with the clips so that you can hang your pants/skirts.

At Mystery Island, I think P&O had on offer water & potato chips for purchase.

I would recommend purchasing bottled water onboard Pacific Dawn for the islands.

What everyone else has answered is correct. I always take quite a few clothes so I take extra hangers, although on the Sun we didn't need them. Food - All the islands do not allow food to be taken ashore, and I would say that is why the buffet on the beach many of us remember from the Fairstar days does not happen now. At the islands (not Noumea and Vila) P & O set up a water station near where the tender docks.:)

Yes, plenty of hangars on the PD.

Mystery island food - we had a huge breakfast that day, and then were a little peckish around 2pm. We bought a WHOLE crayfish just caught and cooked for ...... TEN AUSSIE DOLLARS. It was cut in two halves and served in banana leaves - the BEST cray I have ever had. I'm drooling now, just thinking about it.

Yes, there is a restaurant on the Isle of Pines, but again, if you have a big breakfast, or go back to the ship for lunch, it's only a 10 minute tender ride back to the ship, so you won't miss too much island time. To be honest, we only spent about 4 hours on each island, as the sun was very strong and we didn't want to get too burnt.

Have fun

Joanna

Yes, plenty of hangars on the PD.

Mystery island food - we had a huge breakfast that day, and then were a little peckish around 2pm. We bought a WHOLE crayfish just caught and cooked for ...... TEN AUSSIE DOLLARS. It was cut in two halves and served in banana leaves - the BEST cray I have ever had. I'm drooling now, just thinking about it.

Yes, there is a restaurant on the Isle of Pines, but again, if you have a big breakfast, or go back to the ship for lunch, it's only a 10 minute tender ride back to the ship, so you won't miss too much island time. To be honest, we only spent about 4 hours on each island, as the sun was very strong and we didn't want to get too burnt.

Have fun

Joanna

Your right Joanna, we have never gone back for lunch, depending on arrival and departure times, get over at about 10am and leave about 2pm -3pm, plenty of time to get back and have a late lunch, plus we always have late dinner so enough time for that nanna nap:p

Chez

xx

We never bothered with going back to the boat for lunch:eek: Have a sit down breakfast b4 you go and it should last! on the P/s they kept the lunch buffet going til 4.30 5.00 for people returning from the islands,not shure if the dawn does the same?With the amount of food you eat during sea days b4 you get to the islands skipping lunch a couple of times didnt hurt us and was actually welcomed.

Be carful what type of food you take off the ship,sombody on my cruise got a $500 fine for taking a bannana into villa(ship board myth?)Well I dont know but it was anounced over the ships radio at the end of the Vila trip?

Den.

When we cruised on the Sun I took extras (not wire ones....I really don't like them) but the plastic ones that your KMart/Target clothes come on, especially the skirt ones. I'm glad I took them. I did need them although I don't doubt I could have got more if I asked for them. I just left them behind for the next people:) . I forgot to take som on the Dawn but I will take a few next time. Of all the people that have replied so far saying there are plenty there, the ones I know of were travelling as a couple. It's a different story when you're travelling as a family of 5:eek:

Karen

I agree with you there Karen with kids you definatly will need more.

As Karen said for a couple could be plenty And I suppose it also

depends on how much clothes you take:eek: even as a couple

Cheers

Gail

Hi everyone

I know this has probably been posted previously, but I'm not sure where.

My DH is a milk lover and doesn't like the long-life version they have on ships.:eek:

What's the capacity of the bar fridges on the Dawn? Will they accommodate several 1 litre cartons of milk?? Bugger taking alcohol, he's gotta have his milk!!

jenny

Hi Karen

Thanks for that. Brushtail Jenny and Phil popped in to see Graeme at work today and confirmed that the frij will hold all the milk he needs.

Jenny