Sainters66

Pacific Dawn

Hello Everybody I found this review at productreview.com.au

Please tell me its not true.

anuary 8th, 2008 Pros: Nothing Cons: Everything. Overall: Where do you start to pan this shocker. The entertainment ... wait a minute what entertainment?!, $2 for a coke, poor shopping onboard that seems to cater for the mega rich, no activities for the young folk, previous writer 100% correct when describing it as a ghost ship after 11pm. The ship itself is very unstable, cabins are dated and grubby, showlounge is a joke, bars are a joke. They took a ship that serviced 1400 passengers in the US and stuffed 650 more for the Aussie market without doing bugger all else to the damn thing. Pacific Sky and Pacific Sun at almost half the size are twice the ships. For the money they rip from you with drinks at nightclub prices and tours at three times as much as you can arrange yourself on the islands, P&O are raking it in and giving nothing back. DON'T SAIL ON PACIFIC YAWN!!!!! star_full.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifReviewer: Matey1963

Hello Everybody I found this review at productreview.com.au

Please tell me its not true.

anuary 8th, 2008 Pros: Nothing Cons: Everything. Overall: Where do you start to pan this shocker. The entertainment ... wait a minute what entertainment?!, $2 for a coke, poor shopping onboard that seems to cater for the mega rich, no activities for the young folk, previous writer 100% correct when describing it as a ghost ship after 11pm. The ship itself is very unstable, cabins are dated and grubby, showlounge is a joke, bars are a joke. They took a ship that serviced 1400 passengers in the US and stuffed 650 more for the Aussie market without doing bugger all else to the damn thing. Pacific Sky and Pacific Sun at almost half the size are twice the ships. For the money they rip from you with drinks at nightclub prices and tours at three times as much as you can arrange yourself on the islands, P&O are raking it in and giving nothing back. DON'T SAIL ON PACIFIC YAWN!!!!! star_full.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifReviewer: Matey1963

All I can say is that the reviewer must "have his hand on it" or he was on another Pacific Dawn.

Don

I wouldnt believe it. Im not sure what the poster expected off the cruise ship. I hardly call $7.50 for a cocktail 'nightclub prices' that would be more like $14.00. And as for the coke.. how much do pay for a coke at a restuarant or out at the shops? At least $2.00!

Of course P & O are there to make money, Arent all companies? But i believe they also provide you with a cabin to sleep in, all the food you can eat, shows at night and things to do during the day, pools, spas... ah... and as for the shore tours... you dont HAVE to do them, and if you find ti cheaper another way, do it.

Geez some people.

And as for the coke.. how much do pay for a coke at a restuarant or out at the shops? At least $2.00!

I paid $2.50 at the servo last weekend! A whole litre of petrol was cheaper than the can of coke! :eek:

I wouldn`t take any notice sounds like sour grapes to me he does not seem to know much about the ship I beleive she previously carried 1900 passengers or something similar and has increased to 2050 which she can handle. I havent sailed on her yet but cant wait to.:D

Takeout..as Regal Princess she carried max of 1590 pax.not 1900..we had 1560 on board coming over here from LA arriving on Oct 2. Since then as PD she had pax increased to 2050 with 4 berth cabins, but had $40 million spent on her.

Hard to believe the review referred to.

Cheers..Les:cool:

Right here on CC is where you get the "real" reviews. Here, you are dealing with many experienced cruise lovers and newbies alike. How many bad reviews have your read here? Oh, there will be the odd complaint but you get that in any industry.

I would be trusting what you read here opposed to something someone with an axe to grind has to say. If the 1963 part of their name (matey1963) relates to their DOB then they are probably desperate in the love stakes and dipped out again and are blaming it on the cruise :rolleyes: :eek:

If these reviews you are reading were on the money, then P&O would not be in business!

All the best.

Wow, sounds to me like he had something negative happen at the start and it has coloured his whole experience! I was unhappy with a couple of little things but Pacific Dawn certainly isn't grubby. So much of it is new not old. The only problem with the showroom was that the upper section doesn't have stairs leading down to the bottom like the Sun, you have to go out, go down the stairs and come back in. Our room was clean and well laid out, lovely new bedding. The only thing that really bothered me was the smoking section on Lido deck being practically in the icecream bar (as I have said before). No doubt P & O will have sorted out any problems by now. If you go with a positive attitude then you will love it.

Wow, sounds to me like he had something negative happen at the start and it has coloured his whole experience! I was unhappy with a couple of little things but Pacific Dawn certainly isn't grubby. So much of it is new not old. The only problem with the showroom was that the upper section doesn't have stairs leading down to the bottom like the Sun, you have to go out, go down the stairs and come back in. Our room was clean and well laid out, lovely new bedding. The only thing that really bothered me was the smoking section on Lido deck being practically in the icecream bar (as I have said before). No doubt P & O will have sorted out any problems by now. If you go with a positive attitude then you will love it.

Sunlover, having been on the PD, what cabin and deck were you on??

we are booked on Aloha deck, and wondering if the noise will affect us from above?

Chez

xx

Sunlover, having been on the PD, what cabin and deck were you on??

we are booked on Aloha deck, and wondering if the noise will affect us from above?

Chez

xx

Hi Chez,

We were on the Dawn maiden voyage in Aloha A167 which is sort of below the deck between the rear pool and the lido bar. Can honesly say we never really noticed much noise at all, including going to bed while island night was well underway on the lido deck pretty much above us. You should not have a problem. What cabin are you in?

Don

Hi Chez,

We were on the Dawn maiden voyage in Aloha A167 which is sort of below the deck between the rear pool and the lido bar. Can honesly say we never really noticed much noise at all, including going to bed while island night was well underway on the lido deck pretty much above us. You should not have a problem. What cabin are you in?

Don

Thanks Don,

We are in A201, inside, so near where you were, but don't tell anyone;)

Good to hear that there is no noise. I know where most of the other Maiden Dawners were, just thought Sunlover might have been nearby.

Chez

xx

I'm sure these reviews were being written when the PD was called the Regal Princess. She was based in the USA and most of the passengers were American. Need I say more ..... ? (I'm not racist, I actually like a lot of Amercians, but they DO seem to complain about more than the average Aussie)