Sign in to follow this  
Sainters66

Pacific Dawn

Hello Again

Another review I found at www.productreview.com.au I hope I have done the right thing booking on this holiday on the Pacific Dawn.

January 8th, 2008 Pros: Met some fantastic people Cons: noise, vibration, poor layout, balcony room got flooded twice in 12 days, etc etc etc Overall: This boat is a pig!! Very badly designed IMHO. The whole back third of the ship vibrates when underway. It tilts, pitches and wallows in calm seas. Any hint of wind causes whistling noises in the balcony doors, which also leak when there is rain. The pool deck and bistro are above the premium balcony rooms and suites, and there is constant (loud) banging thumping and dragging noise coming from this deck. star_full.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifstar_empty.gifReviewer: Unknown

At the risk of sounding rude (and I hope I don't because I certainly don't mean to be) but what has that link got to do with Pacific Dawn?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Karen

At the risk of sounding rude (and I hope I don't because I certainly don't mean to be) but what has that link got to do with Pacific Dawn?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Karen

You need to follow the 'Travel' tab at the top, then click on the 'Cruise' category, and scroll down to Pacific Dawn. Click here to go straight there. There are four reviews altogether, one of which you can't see unless you register on the site. The three you can read are very negative :eek:.

Like some others, I suspect that they maybe from the same person. Perhaps some CCers who have been on the PD may like to join up and submit a more balanced review :rolleyes:

Jo

have just got back from Pacific Dawn New Years Cruise.

I found the ship to be fantastic and absolutely loved it!

I know that a couple of rooms with balconys did get water in them (not flooded) one night, but keep in mind that on that night it was just as we were going through/passing the cyclone and bad weather that was to hit Brisbane and North Queensland.

We had 12 meter swells and security patrolled all exits onto ships decks so that for 24 hours no passengers were allowed outside for our own safety.

Even with 12 meter swells, the ship handled it very well. It did move a little bit, but mostly at the front of the ship (The Dome).

I would very much recommend this ship to anyone with no complaints except a suggestion that perhaps a bigger restaurant is needed (Palm Court Dining), especially for New Years Eve Dinner where some passengers missed out on dining in restaurant and had to eat at buffet.

I only saw one of the shows but found it to be excellent.

The Dome was great, with plenty of seating and lounges. Large bar and a good size dancefloor.

The bars and lounges were excellent. No complaints at all with the furniture.

We used the laundry twice and had no problems. Washing machines and dryers worked great. Only thing was that it got quite warm in there with all the machines running, but still ok.

I am looking to definately book more cruises on Pacific Dawn. Fantastic ship.

You need to follow the 'Travel' tab at the top, then click on the 'Cruise' category, and scroll down to Pacific Dawn. Click here to go straight there. There are four reviews altogether, one of which you can't see unless you register on the site. The three you can read are very negative :eek:.

Like some others, I suspect that they maybe from the same person. Perhaps some CCers who have been on the PD may like to join up and submit a more balanced review :rolleyes:

Jo

Good idea Jo, yes you can usually tell by a persons writing style if they are the same;)

Chez

xx

Good idea Jo, yes you can usually tell by a persons writing style if they are the same;)

Chez

xx

Got to agree with you there Chez:)

Karen

I hope I havent offended anybody, Its just that I found that review when I was looking around seeking a review on the Dawn prior to my finding and joining this site,So far I have found every one on here far more positive on here than the reviews on the other site. We cant wait for the next 39 days to fly :)

Hi Luckie Puris - glad you had a good trip too. Yes, I agree that the laundry got a bit hot, it got even hotter when I had to iron all hubby's shirts! Glad you had a ball too - I loved every minute, and you will see all my reviews, etc on the other discussion board - Looking forward to seeing your photos.:D

I hope I havent offended anybody, Its just that I found that review when I was looking around seeking a review on the Dawn prior to my finding and joining this site,So far I have found every one on here far more positive on here than the reviews on the other site. We cant wait for the next 39 days to fly :)

Sinter,

Although I don't for one minute agree with anything in the reviews you have seen and copied here I think the most important thing is that you make up your own mind when you get on the ship. We read a number of negative reviews of her when she was Regal Princess and decided not to let others ruin our holiday or our experience onboard. We went on with an open mind intent on having a good time and all our expectations were well and truly exceeded. The reviews seem very close to some I heard on the ship from passengers that just wanted to find fault with everything (like the famous sending back the water because it was too cold :eek: )

So as I said get on board, have a ball and to hell with anyone that doesn't like it. The ship is great. That is why quite a few from W735 have already rebooked for another cruise on OUR ship.

Don

Here Here, Don

There are people around who will NEVER be satisfied. We loved every minute on the Pacific Dawn and my husband almost had to drag me down the stairs on the way off the ship. We met some people who had done 20 or so cruises and just seemed to be continually cruising. They were well into their 80's and so I guess it's a testament to how good cruising is when you talk to these people. People - don't let a few bad apples rot the box - life is what you make it, and even if things aren't absolutely 100% perfect - so what - life's too short to be grumpy. The Pacific Dawn is a most elegant ship, so clean and full of great people. We loved the food (too much!) and even went dancing in the dome till the wee small hours (not bad for a couple of old farts from Perth who hardly ever go out!).

Keep up the good work, PD - you can't please all the people all the time.

Joanna:D