Sign in to follow this  
swift_sport_cruiser

Purchasing from Aqua Hut on Pacific Dawn/Sun

DW and I are going on the PD in just over 3 weeks and would like to do some snorkelling... has anyone ever bought any snorkelling equipment from the Aqua Hut on board PD or PS, and if so, how much did they cost.. The shore tours guide claims "save 10% or more in Australian RRP when buying from the Aqua Hut..."

Thank you in advance

Anthony

Last night i bought a really good Maui & Sons snorkel kit from Big W, it contains Flippers, Breathable snorkel, and goggles for $35.00 i thought it was really great value :D

I don't know if the Aqua Hut on P. Sun actually sells snorkelling gear - but the onboard shop does. A full set of what appeared to me to be good quality stuff was priced at $99

Barry

I don't know if the Aqua Hut on P. Sun actually sells snorkelling gear - but the onboard shop does. A full set of what appeared to me to be good quality stuff was priced at $99

Barry

That is correct. I bought similar quality gear from Anaconda on special for $49 and took it with me. The cost to hire for the duration of the cruise is $40 plus $20 deposit. I recommend buying your own then you can have it for your next cruise, and the next ........:)

Yup, $99 to hire two sets of snorkels and fins. Then you get $20 back when you return them. Yes, it's cheaper to take your own, but to be honest, why bother ...

Last night i bought a really good Maui & Sons snorkel kit from Big W, it contains Flippers, Breathable snorkel, and goggles for $35.00 i thought it was really great value :D

My wife bought a simalar set from Aldi for $20.00 before xmas, but the problem with Aldi is you have to plan ahead and get the specials when they come out.

That is correct. I bought similar quality gear from Anaconda on special for $49 and took it with me. The cost to hire for the duration of the cruise is $40 plus $20 deposit. I recommend buying your own then you can have it for your next cruise, and the next ........:)

yes, I have to say I visited the Anaconda shop and was very impressed with the range ofsnorkling gear avalable, but of cause nothing that would fit me! I would also have a look at Rebel Sports. I bought a set of fins there for $39, US Diver brand.

yes, I have to say I visited the Anaconda shop and was very impressed with the range ofsnorkling gear avalable, but of cause nothing that would fit me! I would also have a look at Rebel Sports. I bought a set of fins there for $39, US Diver brand.

I have bought sseveral sets of snorkel equipt and have found the cheaper ones tend to leak water after a short time of use so i opted for a decent brand that i bought from a dive shop cost me $120 but they are fantastic and have beenusing them for several years without a problem

I have bought sseveral sets of snorkel equipt and have found the cheaper ones tend to leak water after a short time of use so i opted for a decent brand that i bought from a dive shop cost me $120 but they are fantastic and have beenusing them for several years without a problem

I would have to agree, thats why I paid $39.00 just for the fins. When I was diving in asia over a number of months back in 1998, I would note the mask name and model then record details of my experience with each mask. I tryed many good quality and cheap masks on organised dives. I finaly found one model that was perfect the Cresi- Sub Ociana, so while in Singapore I bought it, cost a lot of money but a good investment. I have not looked back and it is still as good as new, as for the snorkel any cheap one seems to do just fine. I am not suggesting that you try a lot of masks but the point is just because it is expensive does not mean it will fit well.

I just bought 2 sets at Target when they were on special $25 for mine and $12 for Tracey (size 2 1/2 shoe size) They worked perfectley and had no problems,we left them in the cabin when we disimbarked to lighten the load,both sets came with a mesh carry bag and an Australian safety standard #,if you only snorkel rarley then the cheap sets are a good way to go and nobody else has used them before you.

Den.