Hot Spots and earliest arrival time for Sapphire-Seattle

zimmerjulie

Hi All,

We are gearing up for the last embarkation of the season for the Sapphire out of Seattle. We are sailing on Sep 19, for a big one-night cruise to Vancouver. :) Our documents say embarkation starts at noon. 1) What would be the earliest you would arrive to check in for a 12:00 noon embarkation (pier 30)? We want to make the most of the short time we have.:D

Also, 2) do you have any tips for hot spots on board: events or locales that are not to be missed? 3) Where is the best spot for sailaway? We are used to the big deck party, but with the smaller inside pools and autumn weather (translate=rain), I am not sure where we would head:) .

I know this will be in the Patters, but just wanted to plan ahead a bit so we can hit the ship running! Speaking of that, 4) does anyone know if they will be serving embarkation lunch in any of the restaurants/dining rooms, or just the buffet?

5) Any recommendation for good spots on deck for ocean/star viewing? 6)Good outdoor hot tub locale?

7) Anyone know when the anytime dining rooms open for dinner?

THANK YOU very much! We are really looking forward to our first Princess cruise.

Julie

1, we arrived at 9 and were onboard at 11:30.

2, Very bow of ship, Skywalkers, the instrument deck midships with the navigation equipment (deck 15)

3, Skywalkers.

4, lunch in horizon court and pizza/burger places NOT DR's.

5. Aft deck behind HC decks 12,14, 15.

6, see 5.

7, 5:30

Hi All,

We are gearing up for the last embarkation of the season for the Sapphire out of Seattle. We are sailing on Sep 19, for a big one-night cruise to Vancouver. :) Our documents say embarkation starts at noon. 1) What would be the earliest you would arrive to check in for a 12:00 noon embarkation (pier 30)? We want to make the most of the short time we have.:D

Also, 2) do you have any tips for hot spots on board: events or locales that are not to be missed? 3) Where is the best spot for sailaway? We are used to the big deck party, but with the smaller inside pools and autumn weather (translate=rain), I am not sure where we would head:) .

I know this will be in the Patters, but just wanted to plan ahead a bit so we can hit the ship running! Speaking of that, 4) does anyone know if they will be serving embarkation lunch in any of the restaurants/dining rooms, or just the buffet?

5) Any recommendation for good spots on deck for ocean/star viewing? 6)Good outdoor hot tub locale?

THANK YOU very much! We are really looking forward to our first Princess cruise.

Julie

Hi All,

Julie

Have a great time on your "one-nighter"! Since you've been on the NCL Spirit, I'll be interested to hear how she compares with the Sapphire.

brunolvr,

I do love the N. Spirit, but only got to do a tour, not actually sail aboard her. I would love to!! We did cruise the N. Star to Alaska in June though...a great trip. :D

We have thoroughly enjoyed all our cruises, so I expect to return with a glowing report (I glow a lot when I cruise). I have already come upon some notable differences, just in my preparation/anticipation/research phase, so I will be glad to post a few "apples to oranges" comparison comments when I return.

I did get to tour the Diamond Princess, and it seems that the Sapphire is an identical twin sister, so I hope that my 4 hours touring will help me know my way around quickly...there's no time to waste wandering around passageways on a 1 night cruise!!

Archived