Coral World..how would you rate it?

auntieann

We had planned on taking the ferry to St John's and Cinnamon Bay and then Coral World caught my DIL's eye. She wanted to try their Helmet Dive. She is a non swimmer and wasn't sure she could manage snorkeling. Is Coral World worth giving up Cinnamon Bay?

You do not have to know how to swim to go snorkling. Put on a floatation device and anyone can snorkle.

Coral world is nice but I think the Helmet dive is not worth the money. The good thing about Coral World is that it is right next to Coki Beach which has EXCELLENT snorkling in very shallow water.

It is hard to beat the beauty of St john and Cinnamin bay!!

LostDart,

Thanks for your in put. Do you think Coki Beach would be better than Cinnamon Bay for a non swimmer?

OT...I learned something from you today on the Princess board...and that is what LMAO means. I wasn't the one who posted the question, but this old grandma has learned a few things from this board:D

Thanks again!

Auntieann,

Coki Beach is better for non-swimmers that want to snorkel as the snorkeling is closer to shore... however I have taken non-swimmers snorkeling at both Coki and Cinnamon Bay... its a matter of their fear level. If they are really scared then Coki is definately a better bet because of the close to shore snorkeling. If the non-swimmer is confident that a life-vest is going to keep them floating and that whoever is snorkeling with them is not going to let them drift out to sea and is there to help them along then Cinnamon Bay is a great beach too & doable.

Slinky-YJ; you can rent gear there or bring you own. The snorkeling is around a rocky/reef type area close to shore. If you want more out in the ocean snorkeling you would have to do a charter... the boat would take you out to snorkeling sites but they would still be around some sort of rocky islets or coast line or ship wreck... something. Just out in the ocean doesn't work for snorkeling - too deap to see anything, lots of sand... fish like to hang out around rocks, reefs, something solid.

--Islander

Archived