• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

AOS Questions ~ General Questions, cruising 10/10!!! My Wedding!

DMickey28

Hey!

I am going on AOS on 10/10 for my wedding on Monday in St. Thomas. There are 11 total of us traveling and I just had a few questions.

Are there fridges/coffee makers in the rooms?

How early have you be able to get on the ship? Our itinerary says 4pm but I have thought I heard of people getting on as early as 11am.

How to make Salon appointment? Are they open when you first board the ship? Do you just go to the Salon? I need to make a hair appointment for first thing Monday AM, like 8am.

Can you make Portofino's reservations when you first board the ship? Where do you go to do that? We would like to have our wedding night dinner there, rather than the main dinning room!

What nights are formal dinner nights?

I think that's all I can think of for now!!! The countdown is on!!! Thanks a bunch....

We stayed in a Junior suite on Adventure and there was a fridge and a coffee maker. The fridge is full of soda, etc...some room for misc. stuff. We got on the ship around 1230pm, again it's faster if you have a suite. Spa and Portofino reservations can be made right at the spa/restaurant on deck 11....Go and make these reservations right after you check out your cabin. Formal nights are Monday and Friday....I think....cant remember.....good luck and congratulations.

Voyager 10/02

Adventure 10/03

Majesty 10/04....few weeks

Thanks for the responses!

Any experience on what time the salon actually opens and if they would be willing to come a little earlier for a bridal party?

What time should we get to the dock to ensure we are among the first there?

Thanks again... the countdown is on and I am getting nervous!!

DMickey28...I can see and hear the excitement in your posts...everything will be wonderful...congratulations on yor upcoming wedding...it's going to be beautiful!!!

To answer your questions as best I can regarding the salon...the only experience I had was getting a scalp treatment called Frangiapanni and then I got the 3 treatments for $89. David in the salon performed all of my treatments and he was really good! He was personable and pretty funny! Now keep in mind...he didn't style my hair. But there was another guy in the salon...short guy with blonde spikey hair and I saw him wash, cut and style a ladies hair beautifully! Sorry I can't remember his name.

I think if your honest and genuine and maybe speak with the Salon Manager regarding your expectations, they will accomodate you as best they can and to your liking. Don't worry...everything will work out and your wedding is going to be the best day of your life...I know mine was!!!

Try not to stress and have a wonderful trip!

We did the Barbados route and were able to get on the ship by 11:30 am. I think this is because the ship to Aruba goes through customs in St. Thomas, so it is able to clear out early. If you are doing the Aruba route, it will probably be a bit longer.

As for formal nites, Monday and Friday. Enjoy!!!!

Archived