Sign in to follow this  
goanna

Going on Pacific Dawn soon??

There was a photograph I wanted to take, but for some reason, never did. Please would SOMEONE take a photograph of the glass wall at the top of the stairs on Aloha deck. As you open the wooden doors to go up the stairs onto Lido deck, there is a glass wall in front of you which is the deep end of one of the swimming pools. It absolutely fascinated me to be able to stand and look in at people swimming.

I know it's a strange request ... but .... ;)

There was a photograph I wanted to take, but for some reason, never did. Please would SOMEONE take a photograph of the glass wall at the top of the stairs on Aloha deck. As you open the wooden doors to go up the stairs onto Lido deck, there is a glass wall in front of you which is the deep end of one of the swimming pools. It absolutely fascinated me to be able to stand and look in at people swimming.

I know it's a strange request ... but .... ;)

Going on Friday I will do my best to remember.That must be like the swimming pools they had in Butlin's holiday camps in UK years ago? they had to board them up because of the potential pervert element:eek: I will get Tracey to take the pics:D

Den.

Going on Friday I will do my best to remember.That must be like the swimming pools they had in Butlin's holiday camps in UK years ago? they had to board them up because of the potential pervert element:eek: I will get Tracey to take the pics:D

Den.

They have got one at Beatty park pool in north Perth,not very good though! Its more like a window into the diving pool,I think it was for the diving comps at the commonwelth games in the 1960's

Den.

It's funny you should ask for that goanna. After we got back from ours I commented on the fact that I didn't get one either:D . My youngest son often swam in that pool and I had all intentions of getting a pic of him but just totally forgot.

Karen

For those interested the pools on Lido deck on the Pacific Dawn were both 6 feet deep. There was a shallower pool overlooking one of the pools but can't remember the actual depth, just know it wasn't much. I actually thought it was a little dangerous especially after watching a few kids "slipping" from the top pool to the bottom pool. I'm sure they were fine but it's the little kids who copy the bigger kids I worry about.

Parents please make sure you keep an eye on your kids!! Regularly saw kids, including really young kids, in the pool with no-one obviously watching them. There is no lifeguard on duty and it is fairly easy to get into the pools.

Saw one parent having a good chat with his two littlies who had gotten into the pool before they were ready. Very responsible, and I'm sure those kids didn't go near the pool without their parents again after having to sit on the steps and watch everyone else have fun for 10 minutes!!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Thanks guys, have never seen this sort of thing before and found it most bizarre. Photos are great, thanks. The first thing I said to my hubby when we got to the top of the stairs was "wow, I must take a piccie of you in that pool through the glass", then that night we discovered the cocktail menu in the piano bar, and the rest is history! ;)