Mandoo tours

wheals

:cool: :) We are booked on a half-day Mandoo Tours of the Spice Plantation route. We would like anyone's experiences with Mandoo and his tours or any comments! There is a similar tour offered by the cruise ship.

Does he start his tours late or is he punctual with the starting time and ending time back to the cruise ship pier?? We realize that we are on vacation but we have been on other private tours on other islands and sometimes they run very late. We are hoping to visit some other areas in the later afternoon after our tour with Mandoo is completed. We are scheduled for 830am -1pm.

We apprecieate your feedback or comments.:cool:

We were in Grenada last week and were booked with Mandoo. We wanted a private van, had a group of 6, so we went with his partner. Mandoo and his parterner were at the pier waiting for us. Ship got in a little late so time was cut short at each stop. Mandoo was at most of the stops with us. Had a great time. Very knowledgeable. Had us back on time without any problems. Would definately reccomend.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a all day trip with Mandoo on Jan 19th. He picked us up at 845 at ship terminal. Mandoo is known as the man in white. Everyone knows him on the island. We went to spice factory, saw where Atlantic meets Caribbean sea. Went to beach for a stop to relax.We went to sugar cane distillary, rainforest and Annadale falls and back to ship for 4pm. He took us to eat at a local restaurant in Grenville with a view of the ocean. Great time to try local food. We had veg soup, root veg,pumkin,orka, baracuta fish, chicken, rice and peas, salad, salsa and potato bread and yummy nutmeg ice cream.Mandoos trip rates with the top excursions we have done. On his web site he has his phone number and he even returned a phone call to us in the States to answer questions we had.

An excursion not to be missed

Cindy

• 2 months later...

grenadatours.com

Mandoo is AWESOME! My wife and I did the Spice Tour with him last week. The tour was great, and Mandoo is a walking, talking encyclopedia: botanist, arborist, naturalist, ecologist, educator, businessman, economist and historian. He is a great ambassador for the island of Grenada.

Mandoo was VERY prompt with email replies, and he was very prompt starting the tour. He also got us back to the cruise ship with sufficient time to allow my wife to get her charm bracelet "goody" from the Diamonds International store on the boat dock.

We will definitely tour with Mandoo the next time we visit Grenada!

• 3 months later...

I booked with Mandoo. I went to the dock to meet him and couldn,t find him. People kept sending us one way and then another. We gave up when we were told that he left 30 minutes early and several people were left behind including us.

How much does he charge per person for the half day spice island tour-it looks and sounds like a great tour but i cant find the price

I just asked for prices last week for my cruise in Nov... here is Mandoo's reply. Spice route is the standard "cruise ship" tour and is 1/2 day, There are no minimum number of people for this one. I wanted one of his longer tours (Northern, Eastern, Southern routes) but as we only have two people, we would have to find more people before I could book one of those.

Hi XXX

Thanks for your reply, the cost for the spice route is $45:00 per person inclusive of various entrance fees. The longer tours are $80:00 per person inclusive of local cuisine lunch various entrance fees.

Which ship are you arriving on?

Thanks,

Mandoo Tours

P.O.Box 826

St. George's

Grenada W.I.

Tel: (473) 440-1428

Cell:(473) 407-0024

http://www.grenadatours.com

• 4 weeks later...
What is Mando's email please.

Hi Carol:

Are you thinking of touring with Mando in Grenada? I have read some really wonderful posts about his tours and I think I will contact him. His email is Grenada.Mandoo@grenadatours.com. Hope to meet up with you in Grenada.

Regards,

Arlene

P.S. Can you believe all the negative posts about the Eurodam? I'm shocked. We had such a great time.

• 2 months later...

I too did not receive a e-mail from Mandoo and was about to give up...I even sent a e-mail stating that I had gotten no reply from him.

BUT, he called me the following day by phone, and I was thankful

PLEASE check you spam/junk mail folder...All of his responses were there....I get about 100 spam a day etc.

We are booked for the Norther Route and I must say that Mandoo couldn't have been more accomodating with us while we were asking questions etc trying to decide which tour to do.

sklja

We did a semi-customized spice route tour with Mandoo in January 20056 and had a great time. I say semi-customized because our CC group booked him for the day and we included a lunch and beach stop in the afternoon. This coming January we've got at least 6 people going on the Northern tour with him. When I contacted him and let him know we were returning, he checked his records, knew what we had done before, and suggested the Northern tour. It was originally 4 of us, he had asked if we'd check and see if anyone else wanted to join us, and another couple from our roll call decided to come along.

Another HUGE fan of Mandoo. We met some expats on another island who had moved home to start a tourist business. They gave us the low down on how the cruise lines treat the locals in the tourist industry and just how much money sails away with the cruise lines after each stop. This just served to reinforce our decision to use private tours whenever possible. So far, it has worked well inasmuch as we believe that we have had better tours, far less crowded, and at a reduced price. Mandoo would be a the very top of our 'private tour operator' list in the Caribbean. Keep trying....he is worth it.

How does Mandoo handle payment for his tours? Thanks!

Mandoo did not ask me for any money up front. He only asks that you show up as arranged or cancel in plenty of time (before your cruise I would assume.) He says he will understand if the ship is not able to make it to port.

BTW, I like your screen name. I am a RT working in a NICU many days. We go to Level 3 Dec. 1.:)

• 1 month later...

Anyone got this info???

I can't find it either. It's not posted on his website, even when I went to do a credit card payment it doesn't even list there.

So, I'm surely not doing that.

Also... Which is the prettiest beach, Magazine Beach or Anse Beach???

I know Anse is more crowded due to this board but which is prettier???

Angela Faye

We were with Mandoo last week on the Spice Plantation Tour. It was a great tour. He is very easy to find directly off the ship. He had enough tourists for 2 vans. We were in the second van. At each stop he was sure to visit with all his guests. The driver we had gave a running commentary about things on the island, history, plants, just about anything you wanted to know. He wore a headset mic so everyone could hear what he was saying.

We left pretty much on time and returned around 1:45 pm. Nobody was really in a hurry so we were able to take our time. After we got back to the dock he offered to continue on to the beach for anyone who wanted to do that for an hour or so.

We paid $45 per person on our credit card.

This is an excellent tour.

I put in an inquiry to Mandoo and he answered but did not give a price. I told him , in my response email, that I wanted to confirm and for him to give us instructions, price, etc, but he has not responsed again. I have tried twice in past two weeks. should I give up?

• 2 months later...

We just returned from our Caribbean Princess cruise & booked Mandoo's tour based on info from this site. It was great. He has a new bus/van w/ great A/C. He's very knowledgeable about his island and very active in support of the youth. He offers his opinion of what is best for his island, especially for the youth. He might overdue this, but you can't argue w/ his basic principals for his opinions. He would be a great politician, not like our Washington, DC phonies & crooks.

You can email Mandoo at mandoo@grenadatours.com We've booked with Mandoo both times we've been in Grenada, and he's simply the best tour guide we've ever had. The first time there were four of us; the second time, it started out just my DH and me, but 5 other passengers on our cruise wanted to go along, so Mandoo accommodated all 7 of us. We were just thrilled with his tour. He managed to please everyone! He even provided a catered lunch included in the cost of the tour, and it was wonderful! We paid $80 pp for the whole day.

I've never encountered a problem emailing him. He's always very prompt in replying. The first time we booked with him, the ship's itinerary changed unbeknownst to us until we boarded. I immediately emailed him, just frantic, and he emailed me back within hours! The irony is that he had checked with the port and found out about the last-minute itinerary change! Mandoo is a wonderful ambassador for Grenada, and I can't imagine anyone else as knowledgeable and as articulate. He will take you wherever you want to go, and Grenada is just beautiful with lots of wonderful sites. We recommend him without hesitation. :)

GG

We booked a tour with Mandoo for 3rd April. Mandoo responded by email and suggested we meet at 9.30. We arrived at 9.15 and asked for Mandoo at the tourist office, the lady was helpful and rang him. He said the ship had arrived at 8am so he picked someone else up instead of us! We were really disappointed especially as we had made friends on the cruise and had told them we could not tour with them as we had already pre-booked with Mandoo. As we had a booking, we would not dream of letting Mandoo down - pity he didn't feel the same! By the time we found Mandoo was not there, our friends had taken other trips.

The lady at tourist info was very apologetic and suggested we take a tour with one of the other taxi drivers. We took a $20 tour which was very good and we got to see monkeys, armadillo and all the regular tour sites.

I would suggest taking a taxi at the port - there are many to choose from!

Archived