Best Port Eastern Caribbean for Hair Braiding

rrkky

Hello,

I have made bad hair braiding choice in the past (back alley in Jamacia, scarry)!

Anyway so out of St. Thomas, Labadee, the ship, or San Juan, where is the best, and least expensive place to get my daughter (age 8) hair braided.

I would go with Labadee. They have an area set up in the shade. You can't miss it...they will seek out customers! My daughter has done it twice there, with great results. Negotiate your price up front, (don't be afraid to haggle) make sure they are clear on what you want done and take your own comb for them to use. FYI, if your daughter hasn't had hair braids before, just go for partial, not the whole head. And warn her that sometimes they pull the hair very tightly! I have seen many young girls in tears because it can hurt!

I had my hair braided at Orient beach. Ended up costing $68. It looked nice but took 4 hrs to get the braids out of my hair. I had 32 little braids and my hair was fried. When I got my hair cut after they cut off 4 inches because it looked so bad. Suggest to your daughter to get the braids under her hair in the back. My friends did this and they were still able to pull their hair up.

Archived