Just off Navigator....kewlguy you rock!!!

mitaxi

Just home from a 4 night on the Navigator...

Had great weather, easy disembark from Port Everglades...great crew...had my first Promenade cabin. Thought it was great (deck 7 across from Vintages)..they had 2 concierge lounges...(never made it to the one on deck 14....just enjoyed the company of Carlos :) on 9

went on the Passion Island excursion in Cozumel....beautiful beach..

Had two dinners in Windjammer and two in Portofinos....Windjammer had more than enough selections (however I do wish they stayed open past 9pm) and two excellent meals inPortofino's (except that the man siting next to me one night asked me what I had ordered then proceeded to get up and take a bite of my food :eek: -- yep never had that happen before - even the waiter was stunned

Had a great time as always meeting new faces that go with some familiar CC names.....gotmilk, San4u2, piercetc4, and especially kewlguy ...you rock ( no hard feelings...LOL ) can't wait to sail with all of you again...

She boarded the ship wanting to give me a piece of her mind since she misunderstood something I had said a few months ago on the boards. After our paths crossed in the CL she realized I'm sweet lovable kind of guy. :D

Had great weather, easy disembark from Port Everglades...great crew...had my first Promenade cabin. Thought it was great (deck 7 across from Vintages)..they had 2 concierge lounges...(never made it to the one on deck 14....just enjoyed the company of Carlos :) on 9

Had two dinners in Windjammer and two in Portofinos....Windjammer had more than enough selections (however I do wish they stayed open past 9pm) and two excellent meals inPortofino's (except that the man siting next to me one night asked me what I had ordered then proceeded to get up and take a bite of my food :eek: -- yep never had that happen before - even the waiter was stunned

Had a great time as always meeting new faces that go with some familiar CC names.....gotmilk, San4u2, piercetc4, and especially kewlguy ...you rock ( no hard feelings...LOL ) can't wait to sail with all of you again...

No, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

She boarded the ship wanting to give me a piece of her mind since she misunderstood something I had said a few months ago on the boards. After our paths crossed in the CL she realized I'm sweet lovable kind of guy. :D

Like we all know and love you T :D I knew it had to be a misunderstanding!

Hope you all enjoyed your cruise :)

###

This is funny. Free food taken to a new level. LMAO

:D

Good morning...needed some sleep - will now tell you the story..and yes...this was a joke for T....I enjoyed meeting him and his wife so much....;)

It was not my husband...or any one I know. I cruised solo this trip and this was the first time of eating in one of the specialty dining solo (ususally stay with the main dining) but so wanted to eat at Portofino again.

I was seated at a small table....table of 4 on my one side, a couple just finishing on my other....that table was reset and two men were seated. They were a little loud and got up, left and had a cigarette between ordering, each serving...then came back and wanted to know where there food was.....when my waitress set my main course down, the one gentleman asked what I had ordered...I replied it was the veal...he then got up came next to me took my fork and took a bite...yes that is what I said....he then told his firend he was going back out for a smoke and they just left again....my second waiter saw it happen and came right over and asked if I was okay and did I know why he did it, offred me a new plate of food

He then told the MaitrD.....who said he has never had this happen - was very apologetic,...said they would not be allowed in again...and asked what he could do...

I was needless to say stunned....I just asked for a new fork....LOL

so that is the story.....

Good morning...needed some sleep - will now tell you the story..and yes...this was a joke for T....I enjoyed meeting him and his wife so much....;)

It was not my husband...or any one I know. I cruised solo this trip and this was the first time of eating in one of the specialty dining solo (ususally stay with the main dining) but so wanted to eat at Portofino again.

I was seated at a small table....table of 4 on my one side, a couple just finishing on my other....that table was reset and two men were seated. They were a little loud and got up, left and had a cigarette between ordering, each serving...then came back and wanted to know where there food was.....when my waitress set my main course down, the one gentleman asked what I had ordered...I replied it was the veal...he then got up came next to me took my fork and took a bite...yes that is what I said....he then told his firend he was going back out for a smoke and they just left again....my second waiter saw it happen and came right over and asked if I was okay and did I know why he did it, offred me a new plate of food

He then told the MaitrD.....who said he has never had this happen - was very apologetic,...said they would not be allowed in again...and asked what he could do...

I was needless to say stunned....I just asked for a new fork....LOL

so that is the story.....

So were they kept out for the rest of your meal? OMG, I would not have stayed if they came back.:eek: (then of course I would have demanded a free meal on another night ;) )

So were they kept out for the rest of your meal? OMG, I would not have stayed if they came back.:eek: (then of course I would have demanded a free meal on another night ;) )

I told her the exact same thing when she told me on board the ship. I think she should have received a free meal and they should have thrown the guys out, which they didn't.

One of the reasons we cruise is to enjoy a nice dinner out which we don't do often enough at home. We don't necessarily expect others to but we try to dress appropriately for the venue. I usually wear a sport jacket & slacks to dinner on a cruise. Especially, Portofino's, being an upgrade, we really watch our P's & Q's. You don't talk loudly at your table & you carefully put your knife & fork down on the plate when done.

What in the hell was this clown doing by taking food off of someone else's plate? It totally blows the ambiance that you are paying for in that restaurant and the cruise. It really ticks me off. You might expect it on Carnival but I wouldn't expect that on an RCI ship.

OMG! :eek: I’m shocked just reading this!!

I would have asked for a new meal – or told them I lost my appetite today and they could comp my meal or offer a meal a different day.

Cuz I did loose my appetite just reading this.

The nerve of people….. :mad:

What in the hell was this clown doing by taking food off of someone else's plate? It totally blows the ambiance that you are paying for in that restaurant and the cruise. It really ticks me off. You might expect it on Carnival but I wouldn't expect that on an RCI ship.

Really...You would expect this on Carnival??? I have never heard of this on Carnival...but now it has happened on RCI...I guess the truth is finally coming out on RCI...Carnival may be the Wal-Mart of the Cruising industry, but RCI is surely the K-Mart of the Cruising industry. (I never shop K-Mart)

two excellent meals inPortofino's (except that the man siting next to me one night asked me what I had ordered then proceeded to get up and take a bite of my food :eek: -- yep never had that happen before - even the waiter was stunned

Yet, the fact is you saw it happen on an RCCL ship and NEVER on a Carnival.

Polodad...please tell us what you saw.

Archived