Extra Fees?

massey33

I've cruised Carnival 3 times but never RC. We're looking at going on Independence Mar 09 but I had a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I've searched FAQs and tried searching forum for answers but didn't have any luck.

Can you tell me if you pay extra for any of the activities? ie is there a fee to do

*mini golf?

*ice skating?

* rock climbing?

I would guess that these are free but learned that NCL charges for their bowling.

Does RC have free 24 hour ice cream and pizza?

Are the pools salt water or chlorinated? I discovered NCL has chlorinated but Carnivals are salt water.

Because Independence hasn't sailed yet, I can't read any reviews on her but am anxious to find out all I can about RCL before deciding to book.

I can only answer some of your questions but here goes.

Mini golf, ice skating and rock climbing are free. I believe the Independence is a Freedom class ship if so it will probably have the Flowrider (surfing/boogieboarding) also free. Some of the activities have set hours and if you have a child they need a consent/waiver signed each day.

Freedom class ships have Sorrento's pizza 24 hrs.

and there is a Sprinkles ice cream and a Ben and Jerry's, not sure of the hours of these and there is a surcharge for Ben and Jerry's

As far as the pools, I have only been on the Mariner they were salt water pools but I believe I read somewhere that the Freedom class ships have fresh water pools.

I'm sorry if any of this info is incorrect, this is just what I've found in my own searches.

Have a great cruise :)

Can you tell me if you pay extra for any of the activities? ie is there a fee to do

*mini golf?

*ice skating?

* rock climbing? There is no fee for any of these, but you do need to wear long pants for the ice skating.

I would guess that these are free but learned that NCL charges for their bowling.

Does RC have free 24 hour ice cream and pizza? Not sure if it is 24 hour but it is pretty close.

Are the pools salt water or chlorinated? I discovered NCL has chlorinated but Carnivals are salt water. The pools are fresh water/chlorinated and it has the flow rider, wave pool.

You can read about the sister ships to Independence...Liberty and Freedom.

Archived