Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkred]Good morning ladies,,[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#8b0000]I just got home from my morning workout at Curves. Feels good to start my day with exercise instead of with donuts or such:D Got to work today:( so this will be short. Glad to see everyone is doing well even when temptation calls or as Regina says that darn "[b]fat fairy[/b]" tries to interfer with our well laid out plans. how did you likeyour brownies Regina????:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#8b0000]Well have to go for now, everyone have a great day. Lani[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#8b0000]Thought for today; [b]Strength comes from unexpected places[/b] [b]when ours[/b] [b]gives out![/b][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font][/i]

Well, it sounds like everyone is staying on track this week. I actually splurged a bit last night and split a bag of low-fat popcorn with my BF (I have him watching his fatty foods even though he is on the slim side, it is easier if he isn't eating chips in front of me).

Just keep thinking about how much that swimsuit will look on deck! We won't have to be self concious when we get out of our loungers (I usually grab my towel so fast so no one can se my backside, hehe). I keep picturing myself in a cute little bikini I have (that doesn't look quite right yet!). That formal could look real nice too. I also have my BF's brother's wedding the week after the cruise, so have to look nice for that too.

Went to the gym today and did 1 hour of kick box and 15 of abs, my abs are killing me! My waist is doing well, but my friends the saddlebags don't like to budge!! What is this thing called Curves? I am sure we don't have such a thing in Mexico City, but I was just curious.

Everyone here is such an inspiration. I think I am one of the younger ones of the bunch (9/24/80), so it may be a bit easier for me in the exercise department, but I think with my age group we have other problems (drinks, party food, pizza, and I have lots of skinny friends who eat what EVER they want!).

It is SO nice to have you girls around because I am somewhat alone in a foreign country, I like to talk in English once in a while!!! Thanks for the support, I may check in later tonight...back to studying for the GRE's (yuck).

:) Good Morning!
Regina! You go girlfriend! What a triumph! Just walk away from all that nasty food! I sure hope you stuck you tongue out :p at it and the Fat Fairy as you passed by with your toast! Wow am I proud of you!
This thread is really helping me toward my goal. Especially with stories like yours! I am very lucky as I get alot of support at work. My boss has no problem with me going to Curves at lunch, even tho I might be gone longer than my allotted hour. Sometimes like yesterday, he needs me to be here but most of the time he will ask me if I am going. I also have a friend here at work who is great, altho she tells me I look great now,because I am tall. She is trying to be nice but I know what I used to look like and I know how I used to feel and this is not it!
Nicole, Curves is an exercise program for women. I would go to Curves.com(I think that is the website) as I know they are world wide now. It is like a gym, but you do a circuit with various machines and resting points. It works for me as it is quick, easy and I do not get sore. I tried reg gyms but never went, mostly because I was intimidated by the machines and all the people there who were already in good shape. So go check it out on the web. You may like it, I know I sure do! Ps, you are doing really great. You are going to look wonderful in that bikini!
Lani,Have a great day!

Talk to you all later!
Jodie

Carolyn, glad to see you are handling everything so well. I know it's tough when you have family issues to deal with. All within the last 3 years, my mother, my youngest brother, my grandmother and my 1st. cousin passed away. I didn't have enough time between deaths to get a grip on matters and realize I was using food as a form of comfort for my sorrows. Looking back, it's easy to realize what I was doing to myself, but when I was caught up in it all, I was blind as a bat in day light. My hats off to you for being on top of matters.

Ladies...I am happy to say for the rest of the evening I will be throwing away my fat clothes. I have gone down 3 sizes in 3 months. Had to go and buy some new clothes after work today cause I was looking quite "frumpy" with what I wore to work lately. I wasn't sure what my size was, so I picked two different sizes to try on....AND....the smaller of the two fit me perfectly! Yippeee!!!:D My daughter and my husband said I looked great when I tried my clothes on for them to see. I felt good to. Am I determined? You bet! Excuse me now, I have a closet that awaits me. If I have time later, I will check in to see if there are any new posts.

Let's all keep it going!
Regina

Regina,
What part of LI are you from...
I'll be going down to Baldwin alot for the next couple of months...
(are you also a nurse?)
As far as me staying "on top of things" I don't really have any choice... I'm the only "responsible" one to look after Mom and also executor of will (I pray the lawyers' aren't taking advantage of me). I just don't feel like eating... actually have to force myself to eat.
Glad you had an encouraging time shopping for clothes.
Carolyn

Carolyn,

I live in Levittown. Worked as a nurse for 25 years. Still licensed as a nurse, but not practicing due to my back problem. I have a 9-5 desk job in Farmingdale. Yep, I was in your shoes not that long ago. I was my mother's excutrix and POA, and health care proxy. My 3 brothers lived out of state, so I watched over my mother the last 7 years of her life. I placed her in East Neck Nursing Center when she lost her 2nd. leg. I couldn't lift her any longer. She was only 67 when she went in the nursing home. Even though it is rated as the 2nd. best nursing home on Long Island, my heart was broken when I had to enter her, but she needed 24 hour round the clock care that I couldn't give her.

Hey, maybe when you are on the island sometime, we could get together?

Well, I went through my closet like a tornado and ended with filling a large leaf bag of 3 different sizes. Hubby will have to take it to the thrift store for the needy cause it's just too heavy for me.

My daughter and her boyfriend are lawyers, so if you need to throw a question or two this way, feel free to do so. If there is any way I can help you during your stressful time ahead, let me know.

Regina

Thanks Regina...
as far as lawyers go...
I "guess" I have to trust them...
the one handling estate is the son of my Dad's good friend.. knew family for 30+ years... they (parents) went to my wedding... so I hope (and pray) that even though he's charging (since he's partner) he won't take me to cleaners...
the other one's an elder lawyer so that we can get Mom on Medicaid ASAP... so that the "home" won't totally drain what Dad worked so hard for...
I'm shocked at the taxes etc for LI...
my e-mail's [email]cmjaffe@cox.net[/email] if you'd like to get together when I get back down to LI... I'll be down for a bit trying to get the house in "order" (parents' had let certain things go) so it'll be ready for sale by February (spring market). Hopefully the market will still be hot and the house won't sit for too long...
How's everyone doing today w/eating...
(and exercising)?
Have a great evening...
and keep that "fat fairy" away....
just the thought is keeping me from nibbling this evening.
Carolyn

Carolyn and everyone, I did great with my eating today, but my water intake sucked! When I drink alot of water on the job, I'm going to the restroom alot. Not very helpful when I have to be at my desk answering the phone. Darn it, I'll get around it somehow, but not sure how just yet. Any ideas out there?

Regina

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple]Good Morning Everyone,[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Getting off to a slow start today:( Went to Curves bright and early this morning then took a nap. Really tired today I think it is because I am having alot of pain in my hip today and strained my back at work last night trying to keep this lady from hitting the floor:eek: But on the bright side I am off tomorrow:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Regina how were the brownies??? They had cake at work yesterday but I DID NOT have any:D That was a first. We are going out to celebrate my birthday Friday night so I have to check out some of the points for some of the restaurants. I will try to stay as close as I can to my allotted points. But I also think there is a bahama mama with my name on it:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Well better go and get a few things done before work. Have a great day all. Lani[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Thought for Today. [b]Food gives us temporary strength. God gives us[/b] [b]strength forever![/b][/color][/size][/font][/i]

Lani...the taste of that brownie was too sinful. I will certainly have the mix available for when I feel sinful :)

Hmmmm, no cake at work....excellent! Hey, anyway you can find out how to cut some of those calories in that future Bahama Mama? Good thing you are planning in advance regarding your consumption on Friday night. Hope you have a great birthday. Keep us informed as to how you do with your birthday celebration.

Regina

Hi,
Actually I am not doing well today at all. I have a salad here for lunch and just want to go get a burger and fries! So yes, the temptations are there and very real! I feel on a downward slide right now and need to do something to pick it up now. So I am off to Curves and hopefully that will help. Hang in there everybody, this can be a wild ride!
Jodie

Hi All!

Well...68 days until I leave for my cruise! I can't wait! I know some of you are leaving sooner! I hope you'll stay on board with us even after your cruise! I love this group!

I'm still doing well with my goals, but someone brought a big thing of sugary yummy frosting covered cookies to work! UGH!!! I looked at the calorie intake thing on the side of the bakery thing and it said 1 serving = 1 cookie and 1 cookie was 190 calories! I NEARLY DIED! There was a time when I would eat like 4 of those and not think twice! (like last week!)

Anyway, another co-worker said she would split one with me...and I did! 90 calories for 1/2 of a yummy cookie! I suppose it was worth it, but it still makes me sick! What happened to the good old days of being able to eat whatever I wanted and not gaining an ounce?

My water intake has not been great, but I'm trying! I get to work at 6:30 am and I immediately drink 2-3 bottles of water. Then 1 with lunch and then a couple more when I get home. I understand about the having to go to the bathroom thing in the middle of work! Very inconvenient!

I hope you are all doing well! I'm going to go lie down and read...and drink water!

Kelly

Jodie, those temptations will eventually ease up on you. Smart move you did by turning tempting thoughts into positive action by going to work out. I'm watching you and you are doing very good. I'm cheering for you :)

Kelly, your awareness is growing by leaps. You split the cookie....smart move because dieting involves smart decisions without depriving ourselves.

We are all making progress in our thinking and our actions. Great!!!!!
I got on the scale this morning and I was shocked:eek: . If the scale is not broken, I have done extremely well and I can't wait to post on Sunday:D Yipeee!

Regina

Good Morning,
Well yesterday was not a good day at all. :( I did go to Curves at lunch. I did 4 1/2 rounds (lani will undersatnd that). Came back and had my salad. I was ok for awhile but then I had to take the mail down to the mailroom and there is a vending machine right outside the door. It was too much for me and I bought a butterfinger and a sm bag of cookies(Famous Amos, at least my junk food is quality LOL!) I came back to my desk and polished off both of them. So is the temptation there!? Oh yeah! Very much so! Do I know why I did what I did? Yes and it still did not stop me. :confused:
My one saving grace was the exercise at Curves and when I got home I went out and mowed part of the lawn. We have 4 acres on the McKenzie River here in Oregon and 3 of those acres is lawn and garden. We have a tractor to mow but I was out there with the power mower(not self propelled) mowing until it was almost dark. I was so mad at myself! :mad: I did feel better when I came in from mowing. I made a wrap sandwich for dinner and spent the evening watching TV with my DH. He is so wonderful. Told me I was looking good and not to worry about the candy, tomorrow is another day.:) He really is a wonderful guy. He is coming into have lunch with me today, just in case I need the support as he knows on Fridays they bring goodies in to the office or order pizza for lunch. I also feel like I let you all down.:o Ok enough. Pity Party is over. LOL!
Kelly,
What a great triumph! 1/2 a cookie is better than the whole. You are committed! And you will succeed. I feel the same way. I sure hope those that go on their cruises come back to this board.
Regina,
You go girl. I am so proud of you. Also buying new clothes in smaller sizes is the best! I look forward to cleaning out my closet in Jan and giving away all the 1X and XL stuff!

Lani and all, thanks for the support.
It is a new day! I promise I will do better.
Later,
Jodie

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkorchid]Hi Everyone, the board sure is quiet today. Well I worked this morning and got to my meeting on time did some birthday shopping for my neice, came home got a shower and here I am:D [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc] Regina is sooooo right about temptations it is good when you can take a little taste of something rather than say I can't have that because of my diet, I know when I deprive myself of something for so long then i fall off the wagon and binge and hate my self for failing!!!!!:( So that is why I stay with weight watchers, for me it works because I can say yes just have to figure the points in my daily allotment, I don't feel like I deprive myself that way and tend to stick to the program. I am trying to think of this as more of a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I want to do this right this time not just for the cruise but for my health. Between my DJD and osteoporsis I am in pain most of the time and losing weight will take some of that away. oh well here I go again rambling on. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Hope you all have a great day. I will try to check in later. Lani[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Thought for the Day: [b]With each little loss[/b] [b]of weight,I make a greater gain!!!![/b][/color][/size][/font]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Jodie, you did not fail!!! What you had was one of those learning experiences;) With each slip we learn something about why we did what we did or why we ate what we did and how not to do it again. I know that temptation, I find myself walking past the vending machine at work and I always have to look to see what is in there:rolleyes: Last night I bought some cookies but then I gave them to a little boy who was visiting his great-Grandmother!!! thank god he was there to give it to:p I did have a small piece of a friends birthday cake:( Felt a little guilty on that since the night before I had strength to avoid it. But like I said earlier we shouldn't deprive ourself if it is going to make us feel like we are missing out then we may say "skip it I am done" and go back to the unhealthy way of life. [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]You are doing great and you did work out twice actually so you can and [b]WILL reach your goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]got it [b]GOOD[/b]!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D see ya later, Lani[/color][/size][/font][/i]

Happy Friday!
Hi everyone. Let me congragulate everyone on a great week.

I, unfortunetly have a bad case of stomach bacteria due to some chicken that must not have been cooked properly. I have this problem sometimes here in Mexico. This has derailed my workout this week, but I also haven't been able to eat anything either, so I will probably still end up loosing. I did my Thursday weigh in (i weigh in twice a week), and I weighed in at 157.6, that would be a very small loss (.4), but it is a loss.
Jodie, don't worry about your office craving, you just fell off the wagon for a split second, you sound like you are still on track. Well, I must go back to the bathroom (it has been my home for the last 24 hours). Take care and I will check in on Sunday.
MiamiNicole

Jodie....You could be near that time of the month when resistance is futal. No need to announce if you are or not, but just something to think about. I personally have accepted that time of weakness and stopped feeling guilty about it. As long as we get back on track, that is what counts.

Lani...Like you, I'm not doing this just for the cruise, but for health reasons. I plan to be very smart on my cruise by making good choices in what I eat and also plan to exercise in the gym. If I end up seeing something I can't resist, I will have a bite of it to satisfy the urge to taste it, but I won't finish it. I am learning a new life style as well. Keep those philosophy sayings coming....they are fun to read and gives us all something to think about.

Nicole....sorry to hear you're sick, not the best way to lose weight. Be careful, when you feel better, you might come out of it with a ravenous appetite....just take it slow.

Today was pay day and every two weeks on pay day, my boss supplies bagels. I used to eat two bagels (and these are blump!), but now when pay day rolls around, I slice one bagel in half (actually closer to the bottom of it rather than in the middle) and that's all I will have of the bagels now. I'm not depriving myself and I'm not going over board. It's just part of my new life style. No guilt either. It's about learning self-control and accepting it.

Okay, my dog is whinning to be fed...got to go and feed him. I'll check in later

Regina

It's quiet here this evening. Maybe everyone is reading the previous post I left? Well, if not, I hope you all eventually get around to it. It's quite insightful. For now, I'm taking this tired body to bed. In the meantime, hope you all have a great weekend and are good to yourselves in a positive sense without letting the Fat Fairy come for a visit.

Regina

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=sienna]Good Morning Ladies,[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#a0522d]I am on the early shift today and tomorrow, So I am not quite awake:p [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#a0522d]Went to Olive Garden last night, I had a salmon and brocolli dish and only ate half, [b]BUT[/b] I did have the san remo appitizer, it is a seafood dip with little toasted bread rounds:eek: one bread stick and the salad. Water with lemon. Guess I will be on the gazelle when I get home from work:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#a0522d][b]Regina[/b] that was a good read, thanks. I know last night I was a little more full than I have been and I did not like the feeling at all. Walked some of it off at the mall. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#a0522d][b]Nicloe[/b] I hope you are feeling better. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#a0522d][b]Jodie [/b]I am going to go by that vending machine today and when I look at it I am going to visulize a pretting formal or bathing suit and not the butterfinger( also my favorite) I will let you know if it works:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#a0522d]Everyone have a great day. Lani[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#a0522d][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#a0522d][b]Thought for the Day: [/b]I will put all my excess weight behind me!!![/color][/size][/font][/i]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=plum]Hi Everyone![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Sorry I missed posting yesterday! I had a "seizure salad" last night! This darn head injury still gives me some problems sometimes. Anyway, I missed posting because I was drooling off in la la land![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Lani: I LOVE the Olive Garden! How wonderful that you only ate half. I have to stay away from there or I'll eat EVERYTHING!:rolleyes: [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Regina: Nice post! Thanks for the link to the good article!:) [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Nicole: EWWWWWW! I hope you're feeling better! I had that "montezuma's revenge" thing when I was in Mexico and I thought I would DIE! Getting your water intake BETTER be from water bottles!!;) [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Jodie: Don't be hard on yourself when you fall back! I don't know what the drive is here (probably the cruise and a swimsuit I have my eye on!) but I ALWAYS give in and give up on dieting! I have never been more committed than I am now, but it is SO HARD! I always say...."I'll have a little cheeto..." then I eat the whole bag! "Oh this one cookie won't make a difference" then I eat 10 more. I think it is natural to have cravings and make excuses (natural for me at least!), but I think the thing that has helped me is to know my patterns! I CAN'T have just one! I know this about myself! So.....I avoid it all together! Hard as all heck, but important! You're going to do fine! Just keep posting here, and hopefully one of us will say something that makes sense to you! :) [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Carolyn & Ann and All: How are you doing? Are things going well? Let us know![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Ok.....long post! Sorry for that , but this is how I get my aerobic activity! Power-typing![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]One last thing: I am now developing new and exciting ways to exercise and tone myself up. As you recall, I have a hard time with aerobic activities, so I'm creating some of my own! OK....don't let your minds get too far out there, but let me share...[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]2 Nights ago, I was having a bad night! I had a seizure and couldn't do anything. The best thing for me to do is to go to bed at that point! ( Not a good way to get aerobic exercise!) I laid down in bed and put my walkman on with a Jimmy Buffett CD.....(getting ready for the cruise and all!:cool: ) Anyway.....I did "lay down butt squeezes" for the ENTIRE "SONGS YOU KNOW BY HEART" CD! My gosh! It was funny! Then, yesterday at work I realized that my legs and lower back were sore. Not in a bad way, but in a "Wow....I worked some muscles" way! [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]So for those of you hating Curves, going out to exercise, etc.....may I suggest Kelly's Lay Down Butt Squeeze technique! Quite entertaining and I just KNOW I burned calories and toned up![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Have a FABULOUS Saturday![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#dda0dd]Kelly[/color][/font]

Archived