Drinks

donna317

Coffee, Tea, Iced Tea and ice water are availalbe 24/7 at no charge. Juice is free at breakfast, also milk. Milk is also available in the formal diningrooms with meals and sometimes juice at no charge.

Other than that, there isn't much available.

No free lemonaide or fruit punch.

You can bring country time powder or crystal light and mix in your room - this is very handy and easy to pack. Also, you can bring on pop and bottled water if you so choose.

Like Toto said, there really is not a lot of free drinks to choose from.

Coffee, Tea, Iced Tea and ice water are availalbe 24/7 at no charge. Juice is free at breakfast, also milk. Milk is also available in the formal diningrooms with meals and sometimes juice at no charge.

Other than that, there isn't much available.

Do they put sugar in the iced-tea?

Tom

Do they put sugar in the iced-tea?

Tom

No, all of the iced tea served is unsweetened.

Tip: The ice tea is made like the coffee, out of a syrup concentrate. What we do is make a cup of strong hot tea and pour it over ice. You can also add sugar, if you desire, to the hot tea before adding the ice for sweet tea.

Tip: The ice tea is made like the coffee, out of a syrup concentrate. What we do is make a cup of strong hot tea and pour it over ice. You can also add sugar, if you desire, to the hot tea before adding the ice for sweet tea.

I love being in the southern (USA) states where you have to order unsweetened tea! Meant to be born southern...I'm sure;)

Jan

I love being in the southern (USA) states where you have to order unsweetened tea! Meant to be born southern...I'm sure;)

Jan

and I love it when I head north and don't have specify UNsweetened tea (god, I hate sweet tea!). I clearly was meant to be born northern!

You forgot the free watered drinks at the Captain's Welcome cocktail party.

LOL - we have found the best solution to the watered-down free drinks is to order wine. Of course, you need to like wine for it to work!

LOL - we have found the best solution to the waterd-down free drinks is to order wine. Of course, you need to like wine for it to work!

Actually, I"ve found that whatever you order that's not already made usually comes out regular strength, not watered down. In fact, my martini at the last Captain's Circle party was a little TOO strong -- or else the ship was experiencing rogue wave after rogue wave while I was trying to walk to the dining room. Yeah, that's what happened.

Actually, I"ve found that whatever you order that's not already made usually comes out regular strength, not watered down. In fact, my martini at the last Captain's Circle party was a little TOO strong -- or else the ship was experiencing rogue wave after rogue wave while I was trying to walk to the dining room. Yeah, that's what happened.

LOL - I've had that 'rogue wave' feeling a few times, also. Funny it doesn't bother everybody else, too.

I usually order a martini but have found they have become just as watered down, too bad. You must have been lucky. Next trip on the Star, I think I will tip the server in advance to see if that helps. A watered down martini does not cut it.

If it's made from syrup, then it's already sweetened? The reason I ask is because I'm diabetic, and I need to watch my sugar intake.

Tom

Jan

Sweet tea, sweet potato fries, milder temps.....yea, I think I must have been southern in a past life! :D

If it's made from syrup, then it's already sweetened? The reason I ask is because I'm diabetic, and I need to watch my sugar intake.

Tom

My wife is an iced tea drinker, and on the Tahitian Princess this summer, the tea she got in the buffet was NOT sweetened. Neither was my Grolsch or Guinness.

Sweet tea, sweet potato fries, milder temps.....yea, I think I must have been southern in a past life! :D

Well, I always have to ask for unsweetened tea, but I'll take all the catfish and hushpuppies they can throw at me down south.

Does anyone know if we can bring booze on the ship, like put it in our luggage before getting on, we are going on the Emerald ship this thursday and was going to buy some before boarding

They allow wine to be carried aboard, and we have done it several times. Liquor - they say no, but I have carried a couple bottles in my checked luggage several times with no problem, and I plan to do it again.

Archived