If arrive at Cozumel by Constellation at 10, can be somewhere at 10:30?

drrich2

Hi:

3 of us have a cruise booked on the Constellation & want to book a scuba excursion with a local business (not through the cruise line; I need a larger-than-usual air tank). We're due to arrive at 10:00 a.m. & depart at 7:00 p.m. that day, per our papers.

The business I most want to hire sent me an e-mail including this statement:

Hi,

If you can meet Jerermy in the harbor by 10:30 am on Feb 27'th.. that is fine..you would just take a taxi to the harbor, Caleta.

I've never been to Mexico before. I've only had one prior cruise on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, and I'm not used to the relatively late morning arrival, nor do I know what time I can actually get off the ship or how long it takes to reach Caleta (? harbor?).

Anybody got some input?

Thanks!

Richard.

I have been to Cozumel by ship quit a few times and it is one of the easiest ports to get off the ship and be somewhere in a hurray.:D

I think you can do it. You might write the tour company and let them know your ship docks at 10:00 so they know what to expect. The tour company's are usually pretty good about working with you and your docking time.

Sorry, but in Cozumel you are not ALWAYS docked; that depends on how many ships are there that day and there have been times when there are as many as 7 or 8. The docks can take only 4 at present, the rest have to tender. What does your paperwork say - and even if it says docked, I have been there when they have had to make last minute changes and go to tendering.:)

Hope that your docking comes off without a hitch! Good luck on that and may the force be with you! FYI no ships dock at Grand Cayman because there is no pier, and today, 2 Carnival ships had to bypass it entirely because of high winds and waves which would have made tendering somewhat hazardous. One of the cardinal rules of cruising is that you go prepared for the unexpected, and when it happens you go with the flow.:)

Archived