All things Independence of the Seas

Hi Liz,

If you get an invite to the Indy pre-inaugural I wonder if you could ask the "powers that be" if they intend to introduce anytime dining. Now that would be just perfect if they did :)

Oooh Liz would never ask for that as she HATES 'My Time Dining' so don't get her started ;) but I am with you and would welcome it!

I know we digress a bit here from all things Indi.

But windjammer.chops.portofino.johnny rockets are all anytime :)

Some of us like to make friends with our table mates,get to know our wait staff :D

Scotsman

I must say that I agree whole heartedly with you! :) Just my two cents worth.

Jane

An "important" message to all you fellow Independence-fans that are searching through every corner of the Internet for pictures of the ship:

Since I'm so lucky living in Oslo I will definitely be at the pier when Independence arrives here in April. I won't forget my camera (it's already packed LOL :D ) and I will of course share every picture with you all! I can guarantee it will be a whole lot better than the pictures from the crappy webcam.

Stay tuned for fresh (and hopefully nice) photos of IOS in April!!

Can't wait for the start of my Independence-cruise this summer!!

We can hardly wait to cruise on the Independence! We fly out of Salt Lake City, Utah, the 27 of June and this will be my first trip over seas.

My DH was on the USS Indepedence way back in 1967 in the Mediterranean Sea, so for his retirement I surprised him with this cruise. I have a count down calendar, I'm so excited for June 28 to get here!!:D

Thanks OP for starting this thread...I guess I'm a little late in joining..

DH and I are not cruising until February 07 of 2009...but have traveled on the Freedom class before and will again this October...

We are on an eight day out of Lauderdale which really sounded convenient.

Thanks for all the insight and news...

I'll be checking in for up dates, as our little site is not doing very well at all...no one there to give us any information...

I expect that shall change shortly when she finally starts sailing...

Thanks again

Rev

Hello all, we enjoy this thread very much and we can’t wait for our trip. We are on the June 14 cruise and will be coming from across the pond.

Boulders, you asked when RCCL will open up the shore excursion for booking. We wondered the same thing, so we called RCCL a couple of weeks ago and they told us that they will be up about three months before we leave. We still continued to check and found on Wednesday, Gibraltar and Lisbon opened up (136 days out) to purchase shore excursions. On Friday, Sardinia (134 days out) opened up. We just need to check each day for new ports to open up.

Hopes this helps.

Happy Cruising!!:D

DH and I are not cruising until February 07 of 2009...I'll be checking in for up dates, as our little site is not doing very well at all...no one there to give us any information...

I expect that shall change shortly when she finally starts sailing...

Thanks again

Rev

I know how you feel!!! We sail Feb 15th 2009, and our roll call is S-L-O-W. My kids are checking every day to see if any other families with kids are joining the thread. (They just don't understand that not everyone who cruises is a member of CC, LOL. ) I too, am hoping it picks up when she starts to sail-it's still a year away....

I am living vicariously through this thread, and am so excited to see pictures other cruisers take!

Yes, my entry is already in so It's fingers crossed. :D

Let's hope we can all be chosen and meet up with Liz

Good luck Gail :D

You are too funny hahah...I dont know what date I am on the ship,though I am planning being down in Southampton for the ship arriving.

I am so sorry I havent been around on this thread,I have been working and starting up our Genesis Inaugural CC Group cruise thread. Perhaps some of you might join us on that one?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=706309

Thats the link for anyone interested :D

I dont have work now till Saturday so I will try and see if I can get or find anything more for us on here about the ID..or Indy as she is more well known as :D

We were on page 4!!

:eek: Oh no! What happens if nobody posts? Do we just keep going pages and pages further back or do we eventually drop off into cyberspace:eek: We can't do that, not before the Indy is even launched! Plus I need my daily fix, its only CC that gets me through the day at work, I then go home to give DH my 'interesting cruise fact of the day':D

Pam

Two more Port Excursions opened up for purchase today for the June 14 cruise. Here are the ports RCCL opened up so far.

Gibraltar – 136 days until the cruise

Lisbon - 136 days until the cruise

Sardinia - 134 days until the cruise

Seville (Cadiz) – 131 days until the cruise

Vigo – 131 days until the cruise

Also, a thought about airport transfer on the return. RCCL has not opened up the Southampton excursion, but noticed on the general page that they offer excursions with an airport transfer. The flight has to be after 3:00pm and could go to either Stonehenge or Windsor Castle, then to Heathrow for $135 adults / $82 children. For Gatwick Airport, could go only to Stonehenge for the same price. Not sure if this is worth it, but wanted to pass on the info.

Scotsman, we joined the Roll Calls and we look forward to meeting everybody. Thank you PamUK for the welcome.:D

Hi all

Just checking in - bumping the thread :p

Great to hear that everyone is getting excited about the Indy.

It's so nice to hear all the updates and news.

I'm just about to think up my reply for the Mail on Sunday Competition - I hope I haven't left it too late.........:o wish me luck...

Lisa

Hi all

Just checking in - bumping the thread :p

Great to hear that everyone is getting excited about the Indy.

It's so nice to hear all the updates and news.

I'm just about to think up my reply for the Mail on Sunday Competition - I hope I haven't left it too late.........:o wish me luck...

Lisa

Hello Indy Cruisers-

Just decided to book the after Thanksgiving Cruise in the Caribe!! Sorry we are from California and love the sun. In fact would rather go to caribe than Hawaii. Med cruises are great too! And who would of thought a 100% Swedish lady with the name of Linda Mae Miller would of been a Viking Cruise person. Cruised over 27 times. have done all voyager, radiances (some twice), and vision class.

I think the price, itineraries, and wait staff on the Princess are great (3), but to be able to build the best and most sleek looking ships it must come from Scandinavia!!!:)

We have chosen not to do a Freedom Class Ships because of to many kids? Has that been a problem for any of you? I know Princess only allows so many kids of a certain age on the ship. But they do have the class of RCI ships!! Could someone help me out with the kid thing, and if it bothered anyone? I know the ships are being made for families.

Thank you so much for doing a great job on the information from this thread!!;)

LindaMae

Husband Jay and I, Shannon, will be cruising the Independence on June 14th to July 12th. Two B2B out of Southampton into the Med. We are really looking forward to it, have never sailed RCI or a ship this big. Have done tones of cruises with Princess, Holland America, Old Rennisance (sp), Silversea, Celebrity, and Silversea. Your excitement is really catchy and we can't wait for this trip.

To clarify, we are only sort of passengers, and sort of crew. You see, my husband will be the Bridge Director on board, as in the card game. So on any Sea Day we will be working, typically teaching in the morning and conducting a duplicate (and rubber, party if requested) game in the afternoon. Our sea days are therefore quite different from what I loved as a passenger. We work almost all day. We have found it difficult to meet with the CC group in the past, but non-the-less have enjoyed the Roll Calls and have met many great friends.

Anyway, wanted to say hi and thank all of you for this very informative thread.

Best to All,

Shannon