Hotel/Resort day Pass Ideas/Suggestions Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan & Cabo???

Longing to Cruise Lisa

Hello,

Anyone know which resorts/hotels offer day passes?

What was your experience like, would you recommend it?

I'm looking for Puerto Vallarta & Mazatlan.

Definately on a beach, walking distance from cruise ship or short taxi ride is fine. Massages a plus, good food.

I'm all ears & eyes!

Thanks

We're on RC Vision of The Seas end of February. I HOPE IT'S WARM!!:eek:

We have used El Cid in Mazatlan and the facilities are great there. As long as you either eat or drink you can stay as long as you like. I heard the Melia in Cabo is also welcoming to Cruisers but not sure and I am going to check it out when we go next week.

In Puerto Vallarta, I've heard of Krystal's on these boards. They used to charge for day use but it's free now. Here are the websites:

http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotels/mexico/puerto-vallarta/nh-krystal-puerto-vallarta.html

http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

(The massage clinic is at Krystals but has it's own website.)

Here's a quote from another thread:

Best massage by far is at Krystals in PV. Two people, relaxing 75 minutes. This is the web site you need to book in advance, we tried to get a facial when we saw how nice it was but they were booked all day. The prices are in paso not dollars. There is a email on the bottom for Krystals and Marina Vallarta. Also PV time is central time and ship will be mountain when you get there.

I'm looking for a day spa in Cabo San Lucas. Does anyone know of a good one?

This isn't for everyone but we gave it a try last year. When you get off the ship in Mazatlan you will be "attacked" by guys trying to get you to look at time shares. El Cid is one of them. I had read numerous posts on this both good and bad and decided we would go for it.

You get cab fare ( vouchers) both to and from El Cid. You can use the facilities, pools, beach chairs, etc. everything is included, booze, sodas, and food.

We told the guy at the dock 1 hour only. He marked it on the card. The entire thing lasted one hour. The presenter at El Cid was a very nice guy, not pushy at all. He showed us a room, then took us to an area where he went through a slide show on a PC. Then the "closer" came over to us. This lasted less than 10 minutes. The guy knew we weren't going to buy into it. We then went to the front desk to get our braclets. I have no idea what took so long but we waited around for 15 minutes.

The food was excellent. I had shrimp that was very, very good. You could order anything off the menu.

Like I said, going through a time share presentation isn't for everyone, but it worked out ok for us. The only money we spent were on tips for the waiter bringing us drinks and the waiter when we sat down to eat.

does anyone know if the Krystal massages are outside? even better, poolside?

I have stayed at Las Palmas by the Sea and they do poolside massages...do they let cruisers use their facilities...this is my favorite hotel in PV...

thanx!

KIM

Last March on our cruise the on board concierge recommended the Melia when I told her we were looking for a high end family resort to stay for the day. It was $60 for adults, and I think $30 for the kids, but was well worth it. It is an all inclusive pass, all food, drinks, towels, etc. There is a small beach (a little cold in March), and a hugh pool. They also had music and organized games (which were fun to watch). There is an open air buffet restaurant next to the beach and pool, with a great assortment of food, and again - all you can drink! The pool even has a swim up bar! We all had a great time. It is a short taxi ride from the dock, and there are always taxis available to go back. Research the resort online to see pictures and descriptions. Hope this helps.

Yes, we just had a taxi take us, and at the front desk told them we were on a cruise and wanted a day pass. Nothing was setup on the ship. We used a credit card, but I think they take cash also. It is a 4/5 star first class resort. They put a plastic braclet on your wrist, and they give you a pass to check out some towels at the pool, and you are good to go. This was March of last year, so you may want to call/email or use your TA to find out if it is still offered.

We are looking for an all-inclusive for the day in either PV or Mazatlan. Melia looks great, but we are finally cruising without kids, and I'm wondering if we would have too much of kids there since they are so kid-friendly.

The NH Krystal looks really nice. So you can use their facilities for free? What about food, etc? How do you get there?

I'm a total stranger to this itinerary. Any other suggestions?

Las Palmas' website says that a day pass is $39. How would you get there? What would a cab cost? http://www.laspalmasresort.com/eng/rates.htm

• 1 year later...

(snip)

The NH Krystal looks really nice. So you can use their facilities for free? What about food, etc? How do you get there?

I'm a total stranger to this itinerary. Any other suggestions?

Yes the Krystal is free for day use, order drinks/food from the pool waiters, lovely site, we enjoyed it. It's free for ship's crews too, your cabin steward might be next to you.

To get there go to the flea market on the dock, and facing the entrance to the market look to your left and see a white wall with a smaller yellow wall to the left. Walk over to the yellow wall and go thru the gate and down the small street, cobblestones partway, and the Krystal is at the end, with a gate guard who greets you. It's maybe a 5 minute walk.

-Bob

We are also new to this itin--all new ports for us! can't wait.. we booked Radiance April 2010

We are thinking of taking Royal C's excurisons to a resort on several port days--these include transp, food, drinks & use of a swimming pool (we prefer that to the ocean)

I know they may cost more than going it alone as we often do in the caribbean, but being new to these ports we would feel a bit more comfortable...

Has anyone tried these trips--are the resorts generally nice (I will try to get some of the names).?

We have used El Cid in Mazatlan and the facilities are great there. As long as you either eat or drink you can stay as long as you like. I heard the Melia in Cabo is also welcoming to Cruisers but not sure and I am going to check it out when we go next week.

Tickles are you back from your cruise? .... wondered if you checked out the ME resort in Cabo and what their day pass deal was for cruisers. And did you do any other resorts in the other ports? We go in a month.

-Bob

I would love to hear also! We leave in 4 days! :D

Hey Natalie, you might be our last hope! Are you going to check out the ME resort in Cabo? Last time the Pueblo Bonito next door (to the left facing the ocean) was free, few years ago. And cruisers say the Finisterra is free, on the north side of the arch, sure looks good in pictures, 3 pools. The gorgeous Playa Grande is next door, no word on what their deal is.

And are you planning to hit resorts in PV and Maz too? We're thinking about the Marriott in PV across the marina from the ship, $20pp, pay for what you order. Trying to contact the Weston there too.

Last time in Maz we did the El Cid, free, nice place.

We don't look for all-incl's, usually over $50pp, we can't drink and eat that much in a couple hours, so we like to pay as we go.

4 days, you must be pumped!

-Bob

I was also looking for a day pass in Cabo. I saw the ME listed in Princess' shore ex but it is only 4 hours. We will have all day in September, although in the following April we will only be in port from 7 - 2, so that would probably be ok. Has anyone done this on their own?

Archived