Canopy Tour in PV

yaletown605

Is this just for "jocks"?

It will take some work as there is some hiking and climbing hills to get from one line to the next. You can do it at your own pace though.

FYI for anyone interested in these tours, two of the tours have a 250 pound weight limit and the other two have a 275 pound limit.

We did this 2 weeks ago, it was a blast. just a suggestion, don't buy the dvd that they push you to buy. Sure sounded good but it is so general , only one clip of my husband and I and the rest are people we will never see again.

Other wise the zips were great and the staff outstanding and fun.

Myval

We did this 2 weeks ago, it was a blast. just a suggestion, don't buy the dvd that they push you to buy. Sure sounded good but it is so general , only one clip of my husband and I and the rest are people we will never see again.

Other wise the zips were great and the staff outstanding and fun.

Myval

That's a luck of the draw. The last one we bought, my family and I were in numerous clips and it was well worth the price. :D We have another where we were only in a few.... :confused:

Puerto Vallarta tours (http://www.puertovallartatours.net/canopy-tours.htm) offers 4 different canopy tours (described below) which one is "best"

Also the Puerto Vallarta Tours LAS JUNTAS LOS VERANOS tour description is almost identical to the tour offered by Canopy Tours - Valarta (http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/info/index.htm) Are they the same tour?

THANKS!!!!

CANOPY LA VISTA: One of the new wave of Canopy Tours in Puerto Vallarta, Canopy LaVista gets its name because of the sweeping views that you get from it's zip lines. You'll be picked up in Marina Vallarta, and taken high atop the highest mountain in Puerto Vallarta, where you'll be treated to panoramic views of Banderas Bay and the jungle below. You'll glide effortlessly along a whopping 15 zip lines (they'll be adding 3 more soon, for a total of 18, the most of any canopy tour in all of Mexico), high above the valley floor far below you.

LAS JUNTAS LOS VERANOS: This is Mexico's most popular canopy tour, stretching over 2 miles with 14 zip lines, including a thrilling last run where a double line allows you to race each other! In this lush, tropical location, you will glide effortlessly at speeds of up to 30 miles per hour, at a whopping 500 feet above the beautiful Orquidias River.

RIO CUALE CANOPY TOUR: The newest Puerto Vallarta canopy tour (also called Canopy River), this amazing ride takes you high over the Rio Cuale valley, between three mountain peaks of the Sierra Madre. Feel exhilaration as you glide between them, gazing in awe at the Cuale River far below. Higher, longer, and faster than any canopy tour west of the Sierra Madre, the Canopy River tour is a spectacle to behold, particularly in rainy season, when the trees are their greenest and the foliage at it's most lush. Over 2 km. of zip lines await you, up to 600 feet in the air with the longest line stretching over a quarter mile long!

EL EDEN CANOPY TOUR: Glide effortlessly over the treetops of the set of the Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie, "Predator". Fly high over waterfalls, forests, and jungle with the greatest of ease on over 2 miles of zip lines. This tour has no tree platforms or bridges to cross - all zip lines are from platforms on natural ground. You are welcome to stay around after the tour to swim in the waterfall pool or dine at the El Eden Jungle Restaurant. A photo of you on your tour is available for purchase after the tour. Free Tequila Tastings and tour top off the activity.

• 4 weeks later...

Newbie here, so bear with me.

We will be in Puerto Vallarta in October on the NCL Star. Do you have any advice or input as to whether we should book the zipline/canopy tour through the ship or through another company? We are there supposedly from 8am-10pm. How early could we make a reservation through an outside company? What time could we reasonably expect to be back in PV for doing something else?

It seems like the only selling point for booking on NCL is that you can get off first (if it tenders instead of docks) and you have transportation to the zipline office already set up. On the other hand, I have heard better things about Los Veranos, and it's definitely cheaper.

I usually avoid ship’s tours because they are big and impersonal. Also, they seem to cost considerably more than if you book the same tour privately.

For my Mexican Riviera cruise, I booked directly with Los Veranos using the telephone number listed on their web page. They were most helpful in arranging a group booking for 10.

In my experience, cruise lines generally tell you that you cannot get off to ship until all the tours that are booked by the ship have departed. This is not true. If you and your group are at the gangway, you will be let off the ship as soon as possible. The ship’s tours generally do not leave so close together that you cannot squeeze off the ship during an interval.

We will also be in Puerto Vallarta until 10 p.m. and booked the zip line tour for 11 a.m. We plan on returning back to the ship to clean up and then go off for dinner somewhere in the city. It will admittedly be a little bit earlier for dinner than I would like, but it is so seldom you have an opportunity to view a sunset from shore (the ship always seems to leave about that time) that I thought it would be something a little different.

Newbie here, so bear with me.

We will be in Puerto Vallarta in October on the NCL Star. Do you have any advice or input as to whether we should book the zipline/canopy tour through the ship or through another company? We are there supposedly from 8am-10pm. How early could we make a reservation through an outside company? What time could we reasonably expect to be back in PV for doing something else?

It seems like the only selling point for booking on NCL is that you can get off first (if it tenders instead of docks) and you have transportation to the zipline office already set up. On the other hand, I have heard better things about Los Veranos, and it's definitely cheaper.

You will not have a tender in PV. After the new addition to the port, PV can accomodate up to 3 ships at once. Los Veranos and El Eden are both outstanding tours. I think you can book with them as early as 10:00 AM.

Archived