Sensation Penthouse suite question?

lavigne101

Yes they have been refitted. We sailed last spring on the Sensation cat.12 U98 and we are sailing again next week also in a cat.12. during the refit they added lots of granite, flat screen tv, removed plastic divider between bed & window, new lamps extended to dresser lots of little things. It is the best interior of the four Fantasy class ships I have sailed on.

Maybe these Pictures don't do the room justice, but based on these pics, I don't see paying to have one of these rooms. They don't look that much different to me.

What do you mean?

They're about double the size of an OV and they have a balcony. The bathroom is also bigger. The interior is also much nicer than the non-refitted Fantasy-class cabin interiors.

What do you mean?

They're about double the size of an OV and they have a balcony. The bathroom is also bigger. The interior is also much nicer than the non-refitted Fantasy-class cabin interiors.

Like I said...Maybe the pictures posted don't do the room justice....I have never seen a cat 12 room, so I can only judge based on the pics posted above. Based on those pics, a cat 12 room does not look very special.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if the couch pulls out to a bed or does it just fold down? Also, can you request a rollaway bed? We have four people in the room, and trying to figure out how everyone will sleep. It will be my DH, DS - 11 and DD - 16 and of course myself:) TIA

Like I said...Maybe the pictures posted don't do the room justice....I have never seen a cat 12 room, so I can only judge based on the pics posted above. Based on those pics, a cat 12 room does not look very special.

good.. more cat.12's for us

Does anyone know if the couch pulls out to a bed or does it just fold down? Also, can you request a rollaway bed? We have four people in the room, and trying to figure out how everyone will sleep. It will be my DH, DS - 11 and DD - 16 and of course myself:) TIA

We were just in this suite on Sensation this past weekend. The couch folds down into a bed. It's wider than a twin, possibly a full size or somewhere in between. Our friend slept on it and was comfortable. You could probably fit two people on it but wouldn't have much wiggle room. Hope this helps :)

Sunny D,

What catagory of a suite were you in? Was your suite renovated?

Cat 12 on Upper deck. This was the first time on Sensation for us but I do think the penthouse suite we were in has been renovated. It looked like the above pics with the granite. It was very nice. Plenty of room for me and my two friends. Loved the balcony.

• 4 months later...

We are sailing 3/8 - 3/12 on Sensation in Suite U94, so I will plan to post pictures for you to see. (remind me if I forget!) The Carnival booking agent also called it a Spa Suite and said these have the extended balconies. :)

We are sailing 3/8 - 3/12 on Sensation in Suite U94, so I will plan to post pictures for you to see. (remind me if I forget!) The Carnival booking agent also called it a Spa Suite and said these have the extended balconies. :)

Please do take lots of pictures. We are sailing in April in U89 which is the same as yours but on starboard. Why is it called a Spa Suite? Let me know how big that balcony is... TIA

Archived