Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boytjie

Zuiderdam: night lights in the bathroom

I like a little light in the bathroom in the middle of the night (not the full blown overhead lights).

I took one on the Amsterdam but it would not fit in the socket for hairdryers and shavers (it was too big). This is similar to what I had:

nightlight1.jpg.5e2e5e80eab51e80d7551045f198793e.jpg

Would something like this fit better?

nightlight2.jpg.7db8c78b599beddfafb94cc369cf7210.jpg

No, I'm afraid no regular plug will fit in the bathroom. DH and I take one of the battery powered fake candle things with us. It gives just enough light to make that middle of the night trip to the bathroom a little safer. You can now buy them almost anywhere. They flicker just light a candle.

In the past, we use a small night light and plugged it into the plug by the desk. However, this year we just left the bathroom light on and closed the bathroom door. Enough light leaked out around the door frame and it acted like a night light. Of course, I'm not sure all doors have that kind of fit.

I always take a small, penlight-type flashlight. I keep it handy by the bed. It also helps if I want to go out on the verandah or get dressed while it's still dark and DW is sleeping.

You can purchase a three pack (for @ ten bucks) of small Stick and Click battery (AAA) powered "night" lights at BB&B.

Leave the adhesive pad covered for mobility.

Leave the bathroom light on 24/7, then at night pull the curtain shut between the bathroom and bed, It will provide plenty of light if you get up during the night.

I always take a small plug in night light and put it in the outlet for electric shavers which is in the hair dryer housing in the bathroom. An ordinary two prong nightlight, the smaller the better fits just fine in that outlet.

The nightlight is a permanent part of my travel gear as it works well for hotel bathrooms too.

No, I'm afraid no regular plug will fit in the bathroom.

Huh?

Of course it will!

Thanks for all the responses.

I guess I sound finicky, but it's just that I like some light in the bathroom when needed, but not too much. And I like a dark cabin to sleep in. :)

In the past, we use a small night light and plugged it into the plug by the desk. However, this year we just left the bathroom light on and closed the bathroom door. Enough light leaked out around the door frame and it acted like a night light. Of course, I'm not sure all doors have that kind of fit.

Leave the bathroom light on 24/7, then at night pull the curtain shut between the bathroom and bed, It will provide plenty of light if you get up during the night.

I don't want the night light in the cabin, just in the bathroom. Leaving the bathroom light on is too bright when in the bathroom. (There wasn't a curtain between the bathroom and bed on the Amsterdam.)

I always take a small plug in night light and put it in the outlet for electric shavers which is in the hair dryer housing in the bathroom. An ordinary two prong nightlight, the smaller the better fits just fine in that outlet.

"No, I'm afraid no regular plug will fit in the bathroom."

Huh?

Of course it will!

The issue I had was that the night light I took did not fit - not because of the socket but because of the housing it was in - it prevented the night light from being plugged in.

You can purchase a three pack (for @ ten bucks) of small Stick and Click battery (AAA) powered "night" lights at BB&B.

Leave the adhesive pad covered for mobility.

This or the battery powered candle idea seems to be the best bet.