Vigo, Spain: What is best thing to do?

psygist

Brendan....we are 2 couples who will be visiting your city next October when we do the TA cruise leaving Harwich on October 24, 2013. After reading about you on CC, would love some information regarding a day tour.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Elayne

mshilton@aol.com

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.guidedgalicia.blogspot.com Here is the website of a guide I have used twice. You will not be disappointed. His rates are great considering what the cruise charges and other independent tours charge in other countries. Vigo and the area are beautiful and not to be missed. If you like wine he ca take you to a family vineyard for a great wine tasting. Santiago is not to be missed. Good travels.

I'm interested in recommendations for how to spend the day in the port of Vigo, Spain. I prefer touring independently, if this is a good way to spend the day.

Best to stay in town or visit a site outside of town?

Is it best to stay in town and explore independently, or take an organized shore excursion to some other location?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi, are you going on the independence of the seas June 28th. We are looking for ideas on what to do in the different ports so we don't have to take ship's shore excursions. Would appreciate any information you can share. My email address is salesq1@bellsouth.net. Thanks

I'm not sure you realize it, but you've resurrected a thread that is several years old. I suspect everyone above has long since been to Vigo! :)

As long as the thread has been resurrected, I will say that we had a port call in Vigo last fall. Not much to do or see there, I would strongly recommend an excursion to Santiago de Compostela (we'd been there before, which is why we spent our port day in Vigo). Santiago de Compostela is a world heritage site; interesting town, historic Cathedral. Watch Martin Sheen's "The Way" before you go.

• 5 weeks later...

Rather than starting a new thread I thought I would try to join yours and try to get some info on Rue da Ostras. Found a post on trip advisor discussing the cafes, oyster bars and tapas bars. Any recommendations on this street? Also how far of a cab ride from the pier, cost ?

Any help appreciated

Rather than starting a new thread I thought I would try to join yours and try to get some info on Rue da Ostras. Found a post on trip advisor discussing the cafes, oyster bars and tapas bars. Any recommendations on this street? Also how far of a cab ride from the pier, cost ?

Any help appreciated

Cruise ships dock right in the city, at the foot of the old town. You can pretty much walk everywhere.

I found this web site to be of some help in terms of maps, etc. (It does make Vigo sound more interesting than it is for a port call; again, no offense to those who live there.)

http://www.turismodevigo.org/en/organise-your-trip

• 3 months later...

I realize this is an older thread, but others may have a similar need and find it while searching so I thought that I would share our great experience for a tour operator for Vigo, Spain.

We enjoyed the most wonderful Rias Baixas Region Cruise & Wine Tour with Vigo Fort and old City Walking tour during our visit to Vigo, Spain on 18 October 2014 while cruising on Oasis of the Seas. We had 4 groups (68 people total) that traveled on 4 mini-buses with different guides that were picked up at the cruise terminal in Vigo.

Ana Paula Tavares Nascimento did a fabulous job creating the exciting itineraries, making sure there were no overlapping capacity problems, selecting excellent guides and bus drivers, and making sure that the time schedule was met with an entertaining and informative tour.

Her prices for tours are very reasonable and she has many tours available in Vigo and other locations including custom tours like ours if desired.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Ana Paula prior to the tours. She is very responsive and accommodating. We have become friends during this process and I can't wait to do another tour with her.

Ana Paula may be reached at info@europe-private-tours.com and more information is located at http://europe-private-tours.com

She is licensed to operate tours in Europe and I look forward to use her services at other locations.

Bill