Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MV21

Store near Fort Lauderdale Port

We got our cruise docs toady for our October 16 Caribbean Princess cruise :)

But I need to know what is the name (and directions) for the store that everyone goes to near the port to get wine/champagne etc. There was a thread on this board (I think) a few weeks ago but I didn't note it down:(

Can anyone assist - Thanks

Richard

Closest one I know of to Port Everglades is Publix (with a liquor store across the side street) that is on 17th street right across from Embassy Suites. Publix carrys a large selection of wines and champagnes but if they don't have it, you will be able to purchase it at the liquor store.

You sail on a Saurday so you will be fine as for store times. Those that sail on Sunday sometimes have a bit of a problem though as none can be sold before noon on Sundays.

Depending on the weather, it is a long walk, but can be done. Not sure if they will let you out of the gate at the port walking, but it wouldn't hurt to check. After you make your purchases it would be easier to take a cab back, cost would only be around $5-$7 for the return.

Does anyone know if the shopping plaza Oakwood Plaza (I think) on Stirling Rd. Has a Publix? I am staying at the Hampton and it appears to be about 1/2 from hotel. Want to get some wine and do not want to haul it down on plane.

There is no Publix at the Oakwood Shopping Center. There is a K-Mart, BJ's, anumber of retailers, and a number of restaurants. i do not recall whether there is a liquor store there.

How far on 17th from the Marriott Marina?? I get in on Sunday(sail Monday)...Liquior sold on Sunday..I would buy wine/water. :)

seastar2 .......

From the Marriott Marina (1881 SE 17th St), head west on 17th Street - the Publix (grocery store) shopping center is about 1/2 mile on your right (1395 SE 17th St).

Crown Liquor is on the side street (Cordova Road) at the end of the shopping center. Yes, they sell liquor on Sunday. I believe it's noon when they open, but just call to check.

At the west end of the Publix Shopping Center, there is also a 67 Liquor store. I take Champagne on board all my cruises. Last trip, I called them ahead of time and asked them to put four bottles in the cooler for me. Ahhh, nice cold bubbly to set sail! :)

Happy sailing!

Diane :cool:

P.S. Don't want to sound like I know all the liquor stores in town, it's just that Fort Lauderdale is my hometown! :D

How far on 17th from the Marriott Marina?? I get in on Sunday(sail Monday)...Liquior sold on Sunday..I would buy wine/water. :)

I believe liquor is only sold after 12 pm on Sundays.

SeaStar gave you great directions. The grocery store/liquor store really doesn't feel like 1/2 mile from your hotel - it feels like a few blocks.

We arrive late Sat. night to FLL (I think 11PM). Are liquor stores open until 1AM?

Kristin

Diane,

Thanks for the great info....A nice walk will be good after the flight down from the frozen north...I like a bottle of wine or two for the room while dressing. :D :D

I also want to pick up some water for the shore adventures. The tap water on board is okay for a quick drink but it does have some salt in it( as does alot of the food) :eek: ....my rings ands shoes let me know that last year.